𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗀𝖾

Chifuyu wiped his head, it had been quite a long day for him, chasing after a small iguana that manged to escape his tiny enclosure, picking up bunny droppings, getting scratched by cats

Chifuyu wiped his head, it had been quite a long day for him, chasing after a small iguana that manged to escape his tiny enclosure, picking up bunny droppings, getting scratched by cats. This was his job, and even though it had its hardships, he wouldn't trade it for anything else in this world.

But he had to admit, he needed some help.

A small mewl snapped the twenty six year old of his thoughts. He looked down to see a small kitten at his feet, he put his broom aside and crouched down to her level. She must have gotten out of her pen. He smiled softly at the animal before him, picking her up in the palm of his hands.

He placed her in her cat pen, the petite animal purred. "There you go, Muffin."

Sighing, he gathered his belongings, putting on his coat after double checking the shop. He waved goodbye to the animals, and closed shop for the night.

Arriving home, he finally got comfortable. Pulling the covers over him, ready to go to sleep, he groans.

A call from Draken.

"Whats the matter Draken?" He mumbled.

"Yo, you still need some help over at that pet thing of yours?" He stated it bluntly, sounding exhausted.

Chifuyu rolled his eyes. "The shop is not a pet thing, and why the hell are you asking me this? It's not like you've ever been interested."

"I'm not, but Kazutora needs money."

Kazutora?

"The hell does he know about animals?" The pet shop owner's eyes were narrowed, looking like he was trying to solve a math equation.

"Ask him." He could hear Draken click his tongue on the other line.

"What-" Chifuyu began.

"He'll be there tomorrow morning."

Click.

Chifuyu looked up at his phone, what the hell was that? He shook his head. Putting the phone back down on his night stand, and laying down once again, his thoughts began to wander. So Kazutora likes animals? And more importantly, could he handle his mess of a place?

He hummed curiously, he hasn't hung out with Kazutora in a while after all, it wouldn't hurt. Although, Kazutora does have a tendency to be unbearably annoying, so maybe he would play the employment by ear. Deciding that it didn't matter, he closed his eyes. He would see him tomorrow.

They had been so close when they were younger, riding around Tokyo on those stupid bikes, laughing about the smallest most insignificant things. Now, they are adults, they are normal. Normal because they are past twenty, when your a child your amazing, when your a teenager your a prodigy, yet when you turn twenty, your normal.

It had been like that with quite a lot of his friends from his past, god knows what the hell Manjiro is doing. Draken was busy with work, but still made an effort for his friends. And everyone else seemed to be slipping away, drifting apart. He considered that to be the worst thing about growing up. All the memories he made, being thrown away, in a sense. He thought of it like that, everything going down the drain.

What he knows but failed to recognize, is that new memories are made, when new events begin to happen. Yet he wouldn't focus on that until later.

He turned in his bed.

Hopefully he would manage to get some help, he really needed it, and even if a person like Kazutora could benefit that in the slightest, it would be enough for him.

𑁍
Kiss me, kiss me with your eyes closed.
8/24/21