Three

Chifuyu was helping the parrot with its grooming, having some extra time on his hands he decided to lightly clean up the extra feathers falling on the floor

Chifuyu was helping the parrot with its grooming, having some extra time on his hands he decided to lightly clean up the extra feathers falling on the floor. When he was done, he held out his arm for the parrot to sit on, and the bird did so. He chuckled quietly and gave the cute tropical bird light Eskimo kisses, softly rubbing his nose on the birds beak.

While Kazutora just sat there watching the whole thing. He had never noticed how much of a soft spot Chifuyu really had for animals. He also never noticed how amazingly beautiful he looked while doing certain things, like with the parrot for instance. He was a kind person, and somehow Kazutora felt a little more attached. When Kazutota caught himself staring, he cleared his throat and shook his head for a moment. What was that?

Well whatever it was, it was definitely platonic.

"Are you busy after work tomorrow ?" Chifuyu asked out of absolutely nowhere. Kazutora looked up at him with curious eyes, then he shook his head "no".

Kazutoras mind ran off in different directions, wondering why he was asked this. Did he want to hang out?

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to help me out with something if it isn't any trouble." Chifuyu asked, finishing his job. He walked over to Kazutora and attempted to pat his head. The taller male looked down at Chifuyu and raised an eyebrow.

Embarrassed, Chifuyu quickly moved his hand and looked outside the shop window for no specific reason. Kazutora tilted his head, then disregarded the sudden movement.

"You see, Draken asked me to help him out with test riding some of his newest bikes. Rumour has it they're real nice." He smiled. Kazutora waited for him to continue.

"And you know, it has been a while since you've gotten on a bike." Chifuyu winked over at his co-worker. Kazutora chuckled at Chifuyu, and nodded his head in agreement.
-
By the time they got to Draken's shop the next day, he was there waiting, his long dark hair tossed over his shoulder. He still had his uniform on as well, although it looked like he cleaned up before his two friends arrived. He waved at the two and greeted them when saw their familiar faces walk in the door.

"Hey, long time no see Kazutora." He spoke, Kazutora last saw him about a month ago. He needed a second to process the joke.

Kazutora shook his head playfully at his friend.

"Okay, so which one should we be taking first." Chifuyu smirked, he was eager to get back on a bike again. He really missed the thrill of it, maybe it would take him back to the days where everything was okay. Mentally, at least.

"Heh, how about this one?" Draken said, he led them into a garage that smelled like car gas and oil. When Chifuyu landed his eyes on the bike he gasped, his eyes lit up with excitement and overwhelming joy.

It was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on.

It was a total remodel of Mikey's old bike, except it was a deep red, it was layered to perfection in almost every way possible. The wheels were the perfect width, and it had seating for two. Chifuyu looked over at Kazutora, his mouth was somewhat agape. Looking at the bike as if he has not seen a bike in almost forever, which was most likely the situation since he got a car and his license as soon as he got out of juvenile.

"Lets go." Kazutora said. Chifuyu looked surprised to see his co-worker just as eager as he was.

Yet, he found himself just as surprised when Kazutora took his hand.

Sitting on the back of the bike, Chifuyu wrapped his arms around Kazutoras waist. And when the bike began to move, he suddenly got a feeling of nervousness he had never gotten before, his heart dropped from his chest and released a bunch of metaphoric butterflies in his stomach.

Kazutora laughed when he felt Chifuyu's face nuzzle into his back. Chifuyu furrowed his eyebrows when he heard him.

"Oi. Shut the fuck up." He scowled, Kazutora stopped at the red light.

Chifuyu looked up at Kazutora and was about to scold him again, yet he stopped in his tracks. Kazutora was cracking up, saying something about how Chifuyu was so excited but in the end he still got sheepish.

Chifuyu wasn't even paying much mind, he was on a different planet. Kazutora's laugh was so infectious, he couldn't get himself to stop listening.

The yellow eyes that had once held so much sadness, hatred, and despair, are now filled with happiness and joy. Chifuyu absolutely loved to see this.

"Woo!" Kazutora yelled out when the light turned green. He sped up and let the air rush through his hair.

Chifuyu smiled. The bike was nice, but this was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on.

-----

Hello! Sorry for such the long wait, but I appreciate everyone who enjoys this book that waited. I wanted to say since I started school this book will most likely have slow updates!
Thank you for reading,
Isabella.

9/23/21