XIX (XLII). Clara's House 🏡

At Roosevelt Hotel

Just yesterday, after saving Walter Park, Clara suggested Isabelle, Ryūko, Iruma, Acheron, Asmodeus and Lavande come over to her place. After all, the Valac household does seem to be in a forest that drags no attention whatsoever, so that might be the best option.

"Are you serious, Valac? Are you saying you actually live in a house?" Asked Asmodeus.

"What do you seriously think, Azz?" Questioned Isabelle with a dry tone in her voice, "She isn't a wild animal living in some cave and mind your manners. I thought you were better than that. At least Lavande has some decency as compared to you."

'Clara's place?' Wondered Iruma, 'I think this is the first time I've ever been invited to a friend's house.'

"Lady Ryūko, you said there is work to be done at Babylus." Noted Lavande, "Will you have any ways through attention?"

"Fret not, noble guardswoman." Reassured Ryūko, "I've learnt a teleportation spell from a book and I should be able to collect all my documents while getting to Battler work in a flash. You can go along and have fun with Iruma, Isa, Acheron, Valac, and Asmodeus. Take good care of him for me."

"Is that so? As you wish, milady." Understood Lavande.

With that, Ryūko disappeared in her teleportation spell. Who know where will she end up?

•°•°•○•°•°•

In Hubbub Forest

Apparently, Clara's place is located in Hubbub Forest. Did we recall that she mentioned this place back in the 'welcome home after-party'? What's more is that only the Valac family knows their way through the forest. As Isabelle, Acheron, Iruma, Asmodeus, and Lavande followed Clara, they were welcomed to the terrain by a yellow frilled-neck lizard standing on its hind legs before it went away. Asmodeus seriously couldn't believe what he was witnessing. Acheron, Lavande, and Isabelle were already fascinated by the flora and fauna around her, being unlike anything they've seen before. Iruma just laughed at Asmodeus's reaction to seeing the lizard. This place is certainly a perfect match for Clara.

Not too long after, they reached Clara's house. And it wasn't surprising that almost her whole family gave a warm and energetic welcome to the high school friends.

"Six seconds in, and they're already so loud." Commented Asmodeus.

"What an unusual way to greet your guests!" Said Iruma.

"I'm sure this is very special to them." Smiled Lavande.

"Professor Kalego told me that he went through that same thing when he visited this house." Said Acheron.

"Yeah." Agreed Isabelle, "He wanted to leave immediately but they insisted that he should stay."

After that welcoming ritual... or whatever that was, Clara praised her family for what they all did together.

"You guys sure put a lot of work into that one!" She said.

"I certainly worked up a nice sweat." Said Mrs. Valac.

"Hello there, ma'am! Thank you for having us!" Greeted Iruma and Acheron.

"I am most honored to be here." Curtseyed Lavande.

"We are pleased that you are all willing to make us feel welcome." Bowed Isabelle.

Asmodeus also thanked the Valacs for their hospitality, but he couldn't finish his sentence with Mrs. Valac chiming in to tell the teens to relax and make themselves at home.