13. in the land of gods & monsters.

THE NEXT few days were... peaceful. David and I were on good terms again, Laddie had settled in and loved living with us, the boys adored him. The only reoccurring problem were the Frog Brothers', I had finally learned their names. But, the problem was, they were catching on to the fact that we were vampires. And they were catching on fast.

"It's not as if it's hard for us to kill them, so why don't we just do that?" Marko suggested as we were all sat in the cave, trying to come up with a plan.

"Because that's what they expect, and if we kill them and fail they'll know for definite that we're vampires. And then, they could kill us when we least expect it. You all heard Lizzie when she explained the vision she got of Marko, what if was them?" David reasoned.

"Yeah but who says were gonna fail?" Marko pulled a face. "They're kids, there's no way they were the ones that killed me in that vision, what could they possibly do?"

"He has a point. How hard could it be to take down a couple kids?" Paul shrugged.

"We'll figure it out, but for now, just be careful." David advised.

"God, he's so wise." Paul mumbled after lighting a joint, making David scoff.

"Can you not smoke when Laddie is around?" I sternly told Paul.

"Wha— We were literally just talking about killing two kids, I-I can't swear, I can't smoke, I can't even be myself any—" Paul began ranting but stopped once he saw my face. "I'm kidding, of course angel, I'll go outside." He nervously laughed and took himself out of the cave. I looked over to Laddie, he was by the boombox that was playing music and he had his head wrapped around a comic, he wasn't paying any attention to the conversation.

"For the love of God." Dwayne sighed, throwing his head back on the couch.

"Can we go get something to eat?" Laddie asked, lifting his head up from his comic.

"Yes please!" Paul shouted from outside.

"Yeah, let's go." I rolled my eyes with a laugh.

WHEN WE got to the boardwalk, we went to a pizza parlor so Laddie could eat. After he had finished, we took him to Max's video store so he could be looked after while we ate.

"Can we go on the carousel again?" Laddie eagerly asked, jumping up and down with his hand in mine.

"Of course we can, little one." I smiled down at him. "You guys wanna join?" I chuckled at the boys.

"No." David said while Paul and Marko said "yes." And Dwayne just decided to keep quiet.

"Come on, man. Don't be boring." Paul flicked David's shoulder. David glared at the hyper blonde, causing him to apologize immediately.

"Fine." David huffed, making Dwayne chuckle to himself while looking down at the floor. "You're coming too, so stop your giggling."

"Fine, fine." Dwayne held up his hands in mock surrender. We began walking to the carousel, but I stopped walking when I noticed Laddie had stopped.

"Are you okay, little one?" I asked him, by now the boys had all stopped walking and waited patiently.

"I'm still hungry." Laddie replied sadly with his head down.

"That's okay." I chuckled softly. "We can just go get some more food."

"I don't think I want food." Laddie mumbled. He slowly brought his head up to look into my eyes, mine widened as Laddie's flashed a bright yellow color. I quickly brought his head to my hip, covering his face so know one saw.