03. are monsters born or created?

A FEW minutes later, the boys arrived. Marko shot me a small smile before getting on his bike. Paul hopped on his bike and I got on behind him. And then we were off. The ride to their place was intriguing but I couldn't bring myself to enjoy it right now. I leaned my head on Paul's back and stayed in that position for the rest of the ride.

We stopped near a cliff and got off the bikes. There were signs reading 'Danger' and 'Do Not Enter.' We went down some steps and then went into a cave. Paul held my hand on the way down so I 'wouldn't slip'.

"You live in a cave?" I asked.

"Yeah, cool right?" Paul grinned as he sat down on one of the couches.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool." I mumbled as I looked around. The cave was just as unique as the boardwalk.

The place was filled with nearly everything you could think of. There were barrels that were burning, helping to light up the place. There were a few candles dotted around too. There was a portrait of Jim Morrison on the wall, numerous posters, and drapes around the cave. The couches were beaten down but seemed comfortable enough to relax on, there were two beds in the back that looked like they hadn't been used in a while.

There was a myriad of artistic things lying around the place that ranged from sketchpads to pencils and paintbrushes. There were collection books laying on and around the fountain that was in the middle of the cave. Along with records, a boombox, and all other kinds of things.

I could tell this cave represented them all so well, I felt this place was perfect for them to live in.

"We found it a while back. It was a big resort back in the day, but when the big one hit, it fell right through." David explained. "But enough about that, we have some things to discuss. Wouldn't you agree?"

"I guess we do." I nodded at David and I slowly took a seat on the couch next to Paul. David walked over to a wheelchair and sat down, I'm guessing it was represented as being his throne since he was the 'leader' out of the four. Marko and Dwayne also took a seat next to each other on a different couch. Paul took my hand in his and gave me a reassuring smile.

"I know for a fact that the four of you are vampires." I simply said. I could feel Paul tense beside me and tighten his hand around mine.

"Really?" David deadpanned, not believing me.

"Yes, really." I confirmed. "Max told me."

"And why would he tell you that without killing you?" David inquired with an eyebrow raised, the other boys just watching curiously.

"Because I'm a vampire too. Well, a hybrid. I'm also a witch." I admitted.

"I think you'd better start explaining, Elizabeth." David advised.

"I was born sometime in the tenth century. My father was a Viking and my mother a witch. I had seven siblings, but sadly we lost our older sister, she was the first child.

"It was autumn when we became vampires, and the year I guess would have been 1001 AD. In the village we were living in, the people were mostly werewolves. Our youngest brother was killed by one. My mother didn't want to lose another child so she performed a powerful ritual in order to protect my father, siblings, and me.

"The ritual turned us into creatures faster and stronger than the wolves. We were also resistant to death. My mother called on the power of the sun for life, the ancient white oak tree for immortality, and the magic blood of the Petrova doppelganger, which would allow us to be reborn as a new species. We then became the world's first vampires." I elucidated.