Chapter 8

Tin felt hollow at home. Empty. A shell. He finally had finished coordinating all the print and online smear campaign that had started once he had returned from England. It was amazing thorough and was completely an inside job. Inside Medthanan family that is. 

It brought out his worst traits, his one indiscretion, yet hid the reason he left Thailand, covering it in speculation and innuendo, making him seem like a recovering drug induced alcoholic with a sex addiction.

He sighed. He wished he was one of those three things. At least he would be having some sort of release. He had none. There was no way to do it safely. He couldn't drink to excess, drugs were dangerous, even if you did it in a foreign country and sex? 

How could he even put anyone else at risk? Casual encounters were not his thing. God knows, if they were, his little brother would not be this lonely for this long or this limp. Time to put those thoughts to rest. He had work to do today.

He walked to the closet and smiled. When he was younger, he favored Hugo Boss, Hickey Freeman, Yves Saint Laurent, and PVH Corp. A good suit never goes out of style. He fingered the fabric. Some were of linen, some of the finest wool blends. None were of cheap polyester like that which Can wore. He reached in and pulled out one of his outgrown suits by Hugo Boss.

It was too small for him, but would fit Can, with tailoring. He smiled. Can would look amazing in it. The thin pinstripe would accent his smaller frame and make him look taller... 

Why in the hell did that man keep entering his thoughts this way? He pushed the suit back into the closet. He kept the suit as a remembrance. He wore it the first time he signed a business deal for investing into a company. Now, today, he was going to be the CEO of that company. 

Yesterday, he purchased the remaining shares needed, and owned 62% of the company. Not bad for a man of 22. Not the company he wanted, but he was now responsible for the working lives of 2200 hundred people. Not enough, either. 

Was he greedy? No. He wanted what was his birthright. He would never forget his goal. He was maneuvering to be in a position to fight for it.

He took out the white Hugo Boss suit from a few years ago with the gold accents. Perfect. Just as he finished dressing, there was a sharp "tap" on the door. Only one person knocked like that and it wasn't his butler. It was Tul. He walked to the door and using the intercom, snapped, "What?"

"Still no manners? Father is pissed at you. He wants to see you, now." Tul left. 

Taking a deep breath, Tin pulled on the fine, white socks and clipped them to the garters. He knew that he put them on in the wrong order but hell, he hated being without pants. He had been surprised too often by the staff or his brother to take chances anymore, even with the lock changed. Locks could be picked or broken.

Knocking politely on the door to his father's study, Tin opened the door entered. His father sat behind the big oak desk, a computer monitor to his left, a desk phone to right and a stack of papers in front of him. A couple of leather chairs were in front of the desk. 

Tin walked up the desk and flopped into a chair. "You wanted to see me, Father?"

"Where in the hell have you been?" His father didn't berate him, nor wasted his breath on yelling. That was in the past. "If you are living here, Tin, then live here properly."

"I don't want to live here, Father. YOU asked me to live here, so here I am. I don't know why you did, you won't tell me. What I am telling you, is I will not sit at the same table and eat with him." Tin stood and walked to the door but paused before opening it. "The last time you saw me, you said life made your choice. I'm living with my choices."