III. Girls

a/n: I'm thinking of updating every Monday and Friday if anybody was wondering what the schedule will be. That might change depending on school though but as of right now that's the plan.

8/30/21: edited to fix some formatting issues lol

"Y/N!" Eren trilled, bursting into your house without even knocking. The nine year old boy spent as much time in your house as he did in his own at this point, so his sudden appearance did not shock anybody except for Merry, who barked once before realizing that it was Eren, who always brought some sort of treat for him. Today was no different, as Eren snuck the dog a piece of bacon before storming up to your room and banging on the door.

"OPEN UP, LAZY!" he shouted. You fell to the ground in a tangle of sheets, but you were not able to get up fast enough as Eren burst into your bedroom and nearly tripped over your prone form.

"What do you want, Eren?" you yawned, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes.

"First off, it's twelve in the afternoon. Get up. Second of all, my dad and I are going to visit some family on the outskirts of Shiganshina, and they have a daughter our age! You should come, don't you think it'll be fun to have a friend that's a girl?" he said.

"You already have a friend that's a girl. Me," you said.

"No, I know that. I mean for you to have a friend that's a girl," he said.

"Right! Yeah, that would be nice. Do you think she'd let me braid her hair?" you said.

"You'd have to ask her," Eren said.

"Oh, what's her name?" you said in excitement, already planning out the wonderful friendship you were going to have with this mystery girl.

"Umm...Mikasa Ackerman, I think," he said, rubbing his chin in thought.

"That's so pretty! We're going to be best friends, I just know it," you said in delight.

"I thought we were best friends," Eren said. You stood up, discarding your blankets and rolling your eyes.

"Duh, of course we are, but Mikasa is a girl. She'll be my girl best friend. It's different," you said.

"Fine, I guess. But you can't exclude me," he said with a pout.

"Just find Min-Min if we do, it's not that big of a deal. Unless you want me to braid your hair," you offered.

"You can," he said. You eyed his hair critically before shaking your head.

"No. It's too short," you said.

"Oh," Eren said.

"Yeah," you said, "Now can you get out so I can get dressed?"

"Sure. See you downstairs," he said. You waved at him before getting ready in your normal attire of a navy skirt, fitted white shirt, tan cardigan, and a white ribbon tying your hair up in a loose ponytail.

"I like your scarf, Eren, it's a very nice color," you said once you had rejoined him, your favorite stuffed animal tucked under your arm. It was a mythical beast called a "tiger," a sort of big striped cat that could roar. You had named it Tiger, because you had been four years old when you had been gifted the thing by the Jaegers, and the name had stuck.

"Thanks, it's new. Why are you bringing Tiger?" he said.

"Because! I want Mikasa to meet him," you said.

"That's a good idea," he said.

"I think you're rubbing off on me," you said.

"Good. About time you started being smart," he said.