Part 1

3rd POV

"I'm gonna take a stroll in the woods. See you later!" Dream said to the smiling villagers. Once deeper in the forest Dream saw it. His brother was now a statue as he had the same scar Dream had caused mere hours before. Before he could approach the statue Dream heard a scream. He ran only to see his only remaining brother become covered in goop. Before he fully turned he said "I hate you. One day me and Lucid will get our revenge."

After that was said he was completely covered by the goop and once finished he told Dream one thing.

"I will only forgive you once you have atoned for your sins." With that he turned Dream to stone he destroyed his own mother and teleported away.

—————200 years later—————

It's been 200 years since Lucid was turned into stone. Every year on the day Lucid was turned into stone and every blue moon Nightmare would visit. He would wait patiently and read stories to his dear brother's statue in hopes of Lucid hearing him and not feeling as lonely. Today was another blue moon but it was also the day Lucid got turned, Nightmare noticed immediately that the statue was cracking so he sat down and waited. After 11 hours the statue was almost completely broken. Suddenly it shattered completely and Nightmare rushed to catch Lucid. When he did he was already in tears.

"N-Nighty?" Lucid said weakly.

"Don't worry Lucid it's me, it's Nightmare." Nightmare said teleporting to a large castle. Nightmare placed Lucid on the bed of the bedroom and waited for Lucid to wake up.

"B-Brother is that you?" Lucid asked trying to get up.

"Yes Lucid it's me." Nightmare said pushing Lucid back down lightly.

"Where are we brother?" Lucid asked holding onto Nightmare's hand tightly.

"We're at our new home. Do you want me to get you anything?" Nightmare asked worriedly.

"No!" Lucid said grabbing his arm tightly and pulling it as close to him as possible. You see Lucid may have seemed strong and independent when he was first introduced but in reality he was self-degrading, unhealthily selfless, and VERY touch starved. After all he didn't want to hurt his injured brother and Dream was never around him that much so hugs weren't an option. He always endured abuse for his two brothers though now he regrets ever helping Dream. Lastly Lucid always blamed himself when Nightmare got hurt which resulted in a never ending depression.

"Shhh. It's okay, I'm not leaving you." Nightmare said making Lucid calm down.

"Brother is Dream here too?" Lucid said shaking weakly.

"No. He is now suffering the same fate you did. Never will he harm you under my watch." Nightmare said hugging Lucid who held on tighter.

"One day he will break free and I will need to hide you. Is that alright?" Nightmare asked.

"Mhm." Lucid said with his head buried in Nightmare's chest.

"Good. Then we will prepare a room for you over the next 300 years." Nightmare said happily.

TBC