Nine: 1 Year

There are wounds that heal but there are wounds that heal but stays. Different deep of cut, different ways of healing for different people.

But what we all need is someone who can company and support us through our healing process. We don't need to go with this path alone. In this path I realize this: stop carrying hatred against someone. Stop thinking about them, stop hating them 'cause that won't help you at all.

Focus on yourself. Focus on your self improvements. Focus to those people who is worth of your time, love and care.

One year have pass and I'm already healed. One year of waiting. One year of proving his love to me. I'm already move on from it with help and support of my psychologist and Axel. He didn't rush me and wait patiently even it is not his responsibility to wait for me.

I also met my friend, Lorie, again. We have so many things to catch up with each other.

With Axel, I found my home. I accepted my blue eyes. I learn to love them again.

Now, I'm ready to give him my yes. I'm surrendering the half of myself to be his partner. I'm ready to open my heart to Axel.

"Ella."
"Hey," mabilis kong pagsagot sa kaniya. "Axel, I have something to tell you."

Tumingin naman ito sa akin at naghintay ng aking sasabihin. Huminga akong malalim at ngumit sa kanya. "Today is January 1, right?"

Nakasulat sa kanyang mukha ang pagtataka ngunit tumango s'ya bilang sagot. "Next year will be our first anniversary. I'm now your girlfriend. Happy new year." Kinuha ko ang confetti at pinaputok ito.

Halatang nagulat s'ya sa sinabi ko. "H-ha? Seryoso ba?" hindi n'ya makapaniwalang tanong. Natawa ako sa naging sagot n'ya. Hinatak ko s'ya palalapit upang yakapin.

"Yes po, love. I'm your girlfriend now. Smile please," I repeat near his ear. Natawa ako nang makita ang unti-unti nitong magpula. Napatili ako ng bigla nya akong buhatin.

Mas lalo pang dumomble ang aking gulat nang pinaglapat n'ya ang aming mga labi at ilang segundo ang lumipas ay lumalim ang halik. "Thank you. Thank you for opening your heart to me," he whisper against my lips. I can feel his hot breath in my face. My knees are getting jelly and my cheeks are burning.

"You're welcome," I replied and tried to push him away but he pulled me again for another kiss. This one is passionate and full of love. Slowl and careful.

Nang bitawan n'ya ang halik ay naghabol agad akong hininga. His kiss steals my breath away.

"I love you, Ellarie. Thank you for being my home, my ocean, and my safe place. Thank you for being yourself." He caress my hair as he look straight into my eyes. He look with it with admiration and love.

"I love you also, Axel. Thank you for accepting who am I." Ikinumpas ko ang kamay ko, lumitaw ang tubig na nakaporma sa salitang, "Happy new year. Thank you for being the best part of me."

"Thank you for waiting for me while I'm in the midst of the ocean. Salamat dahil inahon mo ulit ako."

You don't know how thankful I am. You save me, the woman in the midst of the water.