Axel

Axel

Mom pushes me towards the girl named Ellarie. Her eyes is so beautiful yet it's empty. Just blue, plan blue. Her face screams gorgeousness and her body curves are same as cola-cola bottle.

Ellarie smile without her eyes. "Ella, this is Xel, my son," mom utter to Ellarie. My arms automatically raise in the air. Obviously, offering my hand as respect and she gladly accepts it.

Nahiya ako bigla nang maramdaman ang lambot ng kamay n'ya na para bang hindi ko ito dapat hawakan o dumihan man lang. Dahil sa hiya, bigla akong bumitaw. "Nice meeting you," I whisper.

She nods and said the same thing in response. My mom told her to sit down and relax and she does that. While I entertain every visitor.

"Happy birthday, pre!" Bas greets as he handed me his gift. I smile. "Salamat, tol."

Ella seems bored and no one is approaching her either. It is my 20th birthday and mom just suddenly invited her over. As my mom said, she's our new neighbour.

Inilapag ko muna ang bigay na regalo sa akin ni Bas bago lapitan si Ella. I don't want anyone feel an outcast in my birthday party.

"Hi, Ella." Ngumiti pa ako nang malaki so that she will see me approachable. She tilts her head to me. "Yes?" she answers.

I sit beside her. "You seem not to enjoy the party. How may I help you?"

"Ah...no, it's alright. Anyway,"— she handed me a gift—"my gift for you. Happy birthday." She even clap her hand in a beat. I giggle at her, how is this cute? She bit her lower lip, her cheeks turn pink. Her gaze landed everywhere except on me. I bit my cheeks to contain my laughter.

I inhale deep breath. "Thank you sa gift," I sincerely utter. Sabi ni mama, bago sila. I guess she won't mind if I ask her anything regarding sa paglipat nila.

I ask with hesitation is evident in my voice, "Uhm...kailan pa kayo lumapit dito?"

I can see how her face turn white and she seem nit uncomfortable out of sudden. Meron bang mali sa tanong ko. She look at me as if she saw undiscovered creature in front of her. "H-ha, I—I...ano kasi, Xel," she stutter in response.

"What?" Confusion and worry filled my body.
"I think I have period...wala akong pad," she mutter, look down and bury her face in her hands in embarrassment. I freeze and blink numerous time. Mouth open—unable to utter anything.

"Xel, do you have sister or someone who can help me?" she asks and grip on my arms.

"Oo...o-oo, wait lang." Hinanap ko agad si Mama at hinatak papunta kay Ella. She talk and guide Ella through our toilet and give her pad and new clothes.

I also walk her home and have long chit-chat with her. She is nice and I also ador her blue eyes—especially when it shines.

THREE months has pass we become friends and I learn a lot about her. Numerous time her mother tried to hurt her own daughter, Ella, glady I am always there for her.

Mom shriek. Mabilis akong tumayo at pumunta sa kaniya. "Ma, bakit?" I worriedly ask as I walk towards her.

"May sunog kila Ella, Xel!" I didn't hesitate to run away because all inside my head is to save Ella. Fire is wild and firemen here. They did not allow me toenter but I still did. Ella is not outside, she's inside of this fire.

I can hear their voice shout as I enter the house, and search for Ella. Napapaso ako at nahihilo sa amoy ng usok. I saw Ella use her power but I'm not surprise instead I feel proud that she tries to use it to protect her and her mother after all the traumas her mother gave her.

It also turn out that she is accuse about her mother situation. I can't do anything about it—my mother grounded me for entering their house and she told me not to go to Ellarie anymore. Even her believe their false accusation.

She decides to move place for my safety. What safety? I'm worried about how Ella is doing for every single second in my life.

A news came from one of my former neighbour. "Ella is proven innocent!" I exclaim happily. I knew it! I knew she is! Also they said where she lives. I didn't told my mom about Ella but I leave alone where Ella is near me.

I texted the number she gave me years about weeks pass, she replied. She did!

"I DO," Ella whisper with tear flowing in her cheeks. Memories that floods in my head fade away as my thoughts were snap by Ella. I chuckle at her cuteness. Today is our wedding day and she is beautifully dress in white today.

I lean forward to her face to kiss her soon as I am given the permission to kiss her already. It is already sealed with a kiss.

I mumble against her lips, "I love you, Mrs. Davidson."