⁴ curıosıty

billie pov

"baby, can i come in? you've taken a while to shower." i ask thorough the closed door.

yes, closed.
we never lock our doors, afraid the other will walk in. this is starting to worry me.

"jordan?" i repeat, waiting impatiently.

"sorry." her voice chimes, the door to our bathroom finally opening.

next, she avoids my searching eyes and walks past me into the closet, closing the door once again.

i shake my head in confusion and walk into the bathroom, starting the shower.

after i get out, i look at the clock and notice how late we are. jordan took forever in here. usually she's the first one to be ready.

"i guess blow drying is not an option today." i whisper to myself, wrapping a towel around my still wet body and leaving to get dressed.

as i meet jordan in the closet, she jumps a bit, getting startled.

"oh, i'm sorry." i chuckle, walking to my side of the wardrobe.

as i look for something appropriate to wear - like a button up - i turn to jordan, not being able to let my thoughts go.

"you know, we could've at least showered together. we're kinda late anyways."

"sorry i took a little longer this time." she says, rolling her eyes, not intending me to see but i did.

"anyways." i shrug.
"which one should i wear, baby?" i aks, holding up two pieces for the top.

"hm, left." she says emotionless, taking some shoes for herself off the rack.

"you didn't even look." i complain, taking the right one and letting my towel fall to the floor, opening another drawer to put on underwear.

"bil, both look good on you, as if it mattered."

"yeah but you could at least act like you care." i say, trying to stay calm.

we finish getting dressed and eventually manage to leave. way too late but still...

"i can't wait for their reactions. especially finneas'" i express, starting to smile like a weirdo.
"little billie bought a fucking house!" i laugh, backing out of the parking lot and onto the empty street.

thank god there's no traffic.

"you look good today, princess." i speak honestly, turning to the side as the car comes to a short stop at a red light.

"you think so?" jordan asks a bit sceptical, looking down at herself.

"fuck yeah, my baby is so hot." i continue, taking my right hand off the wheel and putting it on her thigh, beginning to stroke softly, trying to lighten the the tension.

"thanks baby, you look pretty as well." she smiles contagiously.

after about 15 minutes, jordan and i arrived at our destination. looking through the window on her side, i spot the entrance of the restaurant i chosse.
fucking sick. looks like tonight's going to be extra expensive.

"you ready?" i ask jordan, causing her to nod.

she unbuckles her seatbelt and grabs her clutch, stepping out while continuously pushing her dress down in case any paparazzi are watching.

i smile to myself and follow after her, taking her hand again and approching a man standing there. he smiles as he takes my car keys and gets into dragon, taking care of it as long as we are in the restaurant.

"hello miss o'connell, welcome. we were already waiting for you, please follow me to your table." the waitress tells us politely, walking into the restaurant as me and my girlfriend follow.

we do as she told us and walk inside the extremely nice decorated place up to our big table that's more in the back, private.

i spot my parents, my brother and his girlfriend along with jordan's dad, pamela next to him. drew is also there, waving at us.
naomi though, is nowhere to be seen.

"billie, jordan!" finneas excitedly says once he sees us, walking towads us and taking jordan from me.

he embraces her into a tight hug before letting us take a seat, getting settled.

"y'all are always on time but especially today - at your own event - you two are late." my dad laughs, looking at us expectantly.

"i'm sure billie wanted to "celebrate" in private first." finneas winks, making me uncomfortable and jordan shift around in her seat.

"yeah, no. finny, don't get your hopes up. you're wrong." i say back, changing the subject.

"damn, so you're actually growing the fuck up, aren't you?" my brother jokes, referring to the deal after i told them everything about the house.

"i guess i am." i smile, shrugging as i look over to my girlfriend.
"now... kids would be the next step." i say, keeping my eyes locked on her.

as those words leave my mouth, her head shoots up.

"keep it down, billie. one thing after another." my mom says, ruining the joke.

"i know, i was joking... in case jordan wants to be my baby mama." i giggle, nudging her side.

"no thanks, first i want us to have a pet so billie actually learns how to take care of things." jordan fires back, making everything laugh - except for me.

"okay, let's order, shall we?"

as everyone gets their menu, flipping through the pages while deep in thought, i lean closer to jordan.

"where's naomi?"

"probably late, no idea." she answers dryly.

"don't worry, i'm positive she'll show up." i confess, going back in my usual position and focusing on finding my meal.

as soon as everyone got done choosing what to eat, we order.

i heard the food is amazing here, therefore my smile fades when i hear jordan only got a small side dish.

"not hungry tonight?" i ask, putting my arm around her shoulder.

"not really." she smiles.

"i love you. you know that, right?" i whisper, leaning my face against her head, kissing her hair.

"yes, i do. and i love you too."