¹⁰ broken parts

billie pov

with uncertainty written across my face, my movements stop abruptly.

"hello naomi, jordan didn't tell me you were coming over..." i begin, my eyes darting between the two of them. they're visibly surprised to see me.
"...also, great to see you're feeling better now, jordan." i continue, my tone switching to attitude.

sighing, i shake my head and decide to ignore the awkward situation even though i am mad pissed. what the fuck were they even doing?

...but i got to trust my girlfriend, that's why i'm just going to wait until she explains this to me.

not now, though. i can't stand to see her little friend standing with her hands on my girl in my bedroom.

one last look between both of them and i turn on my heels, deciding whether or not to say something.

"bye." i spit, rapidly grabbing my notebook and leaving them behind.

i head towards the entrance of the arartment and about a second after the door falls shut behind me, i hear it unlock once more.

avoiding to face whoever is approaching me, i just keep walking, wanting to make it back to finneas' within the next few minutes.

"billie." jordan's delicate voice chimes through the corridor.

"don't wait for me tonight." is all i say as i get into the elevator, the doors closing right before her face.

whatever it is, i'm curious of her story when i returt home. probably some made up-trash.

"eilish, welcome back." my brother greets me, looking unexpectedly happy.

good, at least one person with an upright mood.

"sorry again, today's not my day." i whisper, briskly slipping past him and heading back into the studio as i try to push away the gloomy carnival taking place in my cerebrum.

"okay, let's hear what you got." finneas utters, slumping down in his black office chair.

"sure, so..." i start, launching my fingers towards the book, flipping over all the brimful pages of my notebook until i bargain the lyrics i wrote down for our new song 'getting older'.

"we stopped at "...grateful for" right?" finneas asks, humming along to the beautiful melody he came up with about a year ago.

"yes. i have a line that's kinda good-"

"let's hear it." he speaks, turning towards his imac and starting the first recording of the day.

i put on my beads headphones and do as he told.

"hmm, grateful for... but it's different when a stranger's always waitin' at your door." i softly sing, waiting for his approval.

"wow, that's deep, bil." he chuckles.

"yeah but it's the truth and it rhymes. i know you like it." i smile, reading over the lines again.