No man is an island

Miracles aren't for free.

Wishing for good to happen,

Will enable dreadful things to occur as well.

Either it effects you, me or

Everyone.

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

"Thanks for having us Kita-san!"

The twins both spoke simultaneously, bowing respectfully to their upperclassman whilst Aran had only given an appreciative nod to his same-aged friend, shortly turning his gaze towards (Y/N) who had been standing at a distance from the entrance door, an assuring smile gracing his lips, directed to the girl.

Only a pair of emotionless eyes were seen staring back, showing that she had acknowledged him, before the girl's expression hardened once she had noticed a pair of eyes that were focused on her, which had belonged to a certain gray-haired twin, making her twitch uncomfortably in her place.

It didn't help that the other twin was also looking weirdly at her, making it seemed like she was a rare creature.

She knew she was different compared to them, but they don't have to act so obvious about that.

A shadow fell upon her face, as (Y/N) noticed a figure had stood in front of her, the person's back facing her, instantly blocking the twins' creepy stares that had began to feel unbearable to her as she let out a soft huff of breath at the action from the person, finally feeling her body ease a little from the tension.

A few exchanges were heard coming from the boys, something about Kita demanding the twins to stop scaring (Y/N) so much with their stares and for the duo to not do any detours on their way back home, reprimanding his same-aged friend the same thing as well.

"Well, go home already, both of you."

Kita had said authoritatively to the twins, making no room for disobedience nor protest for them to make upon his words, the stern gaze in the eyes of their volleyball captain was so intense, they had cowered in their spots respectively, both pouting in dismay.

"Make sure to see that they don't stray from their path home, Aran."

Kita said to his fellow friend, doing a once over at the twins before looking at Aran with trust, giving a knowingly look to the latter.

"Alright! Let's get home already, shall we? Thanks for having us, Shinsuke."

Aran who had quickly caught on Kita's cue, immediately spoke, grasping the twins' shoulders before pushing them outside the entrance door, efficiently shutting any protests that were heard in his vicinity by gripping them more harshly if they even were to do that, sounds of yelps and banterings from the trio, mostly the twins, were still heard even though they were outside the house by now.

Their loud voices had started to disappear with each step that took them further from Shinsuke's house as silence began to engulf the two people that were left in the house.

A soft creak from the wooden floor beneath was heard, emitting from the steps Shinsuke had taken, the male exiting the house to lock the gates outside, albeit concerned with how late his grandma is coming back home before heading back inside only to see (Y/N) was still standing at her spot from where his guests were before.