Touching Hurt Feelings

Requested by rayofsunshine_1d

Taekook

--------

"You look like a chicken's middle toe," Taehyung said to Jungkook.

"What? How?" Hoseok asked, clearly confused.

"And you look like a bean sprout," Jungkook sang. He ignored Hoseok's raised eyebrow.

"Isn't that a compliment?" Taehyung asked. "Plus... that was kind of lame."

"What? No!"

"What in the world are you two on...?" Hoseok shook his head. "You know, actually, forget that I ever asked. I don't need to know."

Jungkook started laughing. "It's just a joke, don't worry hyung! Me and V hyung have this game where we tease each other and the person who has the best roast wins!"

"I won today," Taehyung added. "Your bean sprout one was lame."

Hoseok frowned. "Sounds amazing. Very fun."

"It is!"

Truthfully, it wasn't like Taehyung was a big fan of the game. He was more of a "sensitive" person and took everything personally. But Jungkook loved it. And Taehyung played it because of that. Jungkook was also stressed and exhausted during the tours, so Taehyung wanted to help him calm down. They had played the game for weeks.

Taehyung had a few sensitive points about himself that he wished that Jungkook didn't tease him about, but for the most part, it was fine. It was just harmless fun.

"We have twenty minutes left, don't forget that," Hoseok said seriously.

"We won't forget, don't worry," Jungkook said. "I'm just as serious as you, don't worry."

"Good."

Taehyung and Jungkook didn't have any time to talk anymore. They headed out of the dressing rooms and into the main backstage area. The staff helped them get into their positions. The other members joined them one by one. Slowly, Taehyung forgot about how he looked like a bean sprout. Jungkook forgot how he looked like a chicken's middle toe.

They had to be serious now.

-------

He really did try. Every time he performed, he put his everything into it. But by the end of every show, there was always something that he had screwed up.

Taehyung knew that he wasn't a perfect singer, but damn, he really did try. So when he heard his voice crack during a song, the embarrassment kicked in. He knew the others had all heard it. Heck, Jin had even looked surprised. Even worse, Taehyung wondered about what the fans were thinking.

He did try.

The whole time, he thought about that mistake. All that practice, all that hard work, all of it meant nothing. He couldn't help but beat himself up for it.

He walked gloomily down the hallway to get changed. His clothes were all sweaty, adding to his misery.

"Hey Taehyung," Jimin said. He caught up to him and grabbed his hand. Looking at Taehyung, Jimin seemed to know what he was thinking of. "You did great today."

"I messed up." Taehyung frowned. "It was really bad."

"It was just once," Jimin said. He smiled gently. "There were thousands of opportunities to mess up, yet you only did once. You did great Taehyung, you really did."

Taehyung nodded. "If you say so."

-------

Most of the others didn't directly address it. Hoseok noticed that Taehyung looked upset and hugged him, but he didn't mention anything. Taehyung was miserable the entire time. He sat on the couch, head in his hands, while they waited for their car to arrive.