~three~

three

If Maia was being completely honest, which sometimes wasn't always the case considering her parentage, during her first couple of classes of the day none of her students really stood out. They all just blurred together and the immortal demigoddess was disappointed by the kids' intelligence... or lack thereof.

It wasn't until her second last class with the football team that her attention was really caught. One, because there was an obvious, at least to her, untriggered werewolf in her class. The daughter of Poseidon was already thinking of if he showed signs, ways to curb his violent anger issues. She might even call Thalia and Clarisse.

Two, there was a very familiar face sitting in the back, staring at her with wide eyes. The owner of them, being someone who should be very dead.

Maia narrowed her gaze, now sensing the aura of death surrounding him and tsked her teeth. Now, she will never say she was not a petty person and could not hold a grudge, 'cause if she did... Then that would be a great big fat lie.

Her father and great grandfather were gods. Olympians for gods' sake. Probably, two of the most laid back, but still.

Hades yeah, her pettiness was a mile wide and she didn't just hold a grudge, she cradled the thing like an infant, so she was gonna run this blood sucking fang until his dead heart was finally thumping out of his cold ass chest.

And if he's here, wherever his gods' damn brother was... ooo... he better watch his step too.

"Alright boys," Maia gave them two percent of a wolfish grin that could make even her uncles gulp, "As you all should know, I'm the replacement for the late Coach Tanner and from what I've read..." she flicked through the notes the deceased teacher had of each of the football players, before looking at them again, "he seemed like quite the asshole."

A chuckle ran through the mob of teenage boys, them all exchanging relieved glances. All except one, of course.

The blackette dumped the thick stack of folders into the trash bin, "You know, I'll admit, I'm a little bummed out that there's no one with the last name Greenberg. A friend of mine has one in his class and the poor guy cops a lot of shit, so if any of you starts acting like a Greenberg, well..." Maia trailed off, before cracking her knuckles, joking of course, and walked around to lean against the front of her desk with her arms crossed, looking over the football team of Mystic Falls High, once more.

"You've all most likely never had a female coach before and I'm expecting that no sexist, chauvinistic bullshit will happen while I'm coaching your team, which in time, I hope will become our team. Respect is earned, boys, if you want that respect, you gotta give it first. Alright?"

There were a few nods, a few mutters of affirmation and a... smirk that the Heroine of Olympus did NOT like from Wolf Boy

"You," Maia jerked her head at him, "What's your name, cupcake?"

There were some snickers when Mr Tall, Smug and Idiot smirked again, wider this time, "Tyler Lockwood, sweetheart, but you can call me anything you want."

Her jaw clenched at his last name, her eye twitched at his tone and her nostrils flared at his words.

"Well, Greenberg, you can call me, Coach Jackson. And thanks to you, the teams gonna be runnin' miles until I see fit. How does that sound?" The blackette raised an eyebrow.