~four~

four

It was night now and because the two were weird... they were having breakfast for dinner.

"So, B. Despite my little mouth off with Miss Forbes, how was your day, hmm?" Maia gave a small yawn as she mixed the waffle mixture.

Beth Anne shrugged, "I met a vampire, a Salvatore. His name was Stefan and unless he was the guy you grew up with he's a descendant that was turned a little while ago."

"Nah, It was the guy, and I'm getting," she then began to hum a certain song that started to cheer the sullen, younger Jackson witch up, "suspicious his stupid brother is loitering like a bad smell."

The redhead grinned at her aunt, amused, "There's a doppelganger. Remember when I was fourteen and Grandad," B called Poseidon Grandad...which annoyed the crap outta him, "had sent us to England for a holiday? Cause he thought you'd been taking on too many tasks for the other Gods? And where you ended up meeting Hadrian?"

The older woman rolled her eyes, "Mhmm."

"I sensed a fang and went to check it out," Maia pursed her lips with a narrowed gaze, "and I saw someone who looked EXACTLY like Elena. And her aura was also slightly different to a regular fang, too."

The demigoddess sighed as she turned smug and continued, "I asked Aunt Magic," because names are power, "and she gave me a grimoire to study. Today sensed a familiar aura coming from Elena."

Maia shook her head slowly then smirked, "Anything else, Betsy?"

A playful scowl replaced Beth Anne's grin, "Well there is a Bennett at school. I don't think she's fully come into her magic yet, but there's hints of it."

"Think we should give her a little bit of a hand?"

With a thoughtful twist of her lips, something Maia loved about her niece who always been expressive and Beth Anne, who loved that her aunt almost always asked for her opinion, "From what I've read in the same grimoire, Aunt May, sometimes a Bennett can get a bit big headed, their ego blowing out of proportion and making them think they're the most powerful type of witch there is."

Maia smiled, "But we know better, don't we?"

But Beth Anne then paused, suddenly stuck, "You?"

Though flattered, the immortal demigoddess tilted her head, reaching over to brush her knuckles over her niece's cheekbones, "Not always, Babe, not always."

She turned to pour some of the waffle mix into the maker, when Beth Anne then asked, "Can you tell me why you called me Beth Anne?"

The older witch froze.

Sucking in a deep breath, Maia chewed on the inside of her cheek before rolling her tongue in her mouth, "One day."

The younger woman slumped, slightly disheartened.

In the next minute, the doorbell rang through the manor and the blackette licked her lips, "Watch these, will yah?"

"Okay..." Beth Anne's tone matched her aunt's, soft and delicate, almost pained and miserable.

Conflicted thoughts were racing through her mind as Maia trodded towards the front entrance, already knowing who her visitor was. she could feel the aura of her guest and surprise surprise...Damon Salvatore stood there as she swung open one half of the double oak doors, looking smug and arrogant.

"If you think I'm about to let you in-"

"No, little dove-"

Her hand shot out and broke the fang's nose. He groaned in pain as blood began to drip through his fingers and down his chin.

"DON'T interrupt me, Bdelyrós!" Maia sneered, not hatefully but but to much softer than that, shocking the blue eyed Salvatore, who had never seen her without a wide smile caressing her beautiful face, "Now tell me what you want before I kópste tis báles sas kai spróxte tis sto laimó sas."

Even though he didn't understand her words, Damon could definitely tell the blackette's words were a very terrifying threat, so quickly he said his piece, "All I wanted was to invite you to the Founder's Day Ball, Maia. You know, since you were there for the very first one..."

The demigoddess narrowed her sea green eyed gaze, a colour that had always, always mesmerized him...before Katherine...

"I'll think about it." Maia's voice was deadpanned and before the Salvatore could blink, she slammed the heavy door in his face.

:3

She never understood why, but the immortal half blood had kept her nineteenth century dresses. Not on her person, of course, she wasn't gonna log those heavy things around the world.

With a little bit of magic and a little bit of dishonesty, had managed to get herself and her niece a week off from school, despite being there for only a single day.

Beth Anne thought it was hilarious. Of course, she did, she's a teenager who was an absolute genius. And Maia wasn't being conceited or anything. She was telling the truth.

"Oh, Lady Dite, Goddess of Beauty, Fertility and Love, I call upon thee because some stupid bastard has invited me to a ball..."

Nothing happened.

Maia threw her head back, annoyed and exhausted. Today had been a trying day. The discovery of certain people being present in Mystic Falls was an irritation that she didn't want to deal with.

The immortal demigoddes wanted to pack her crap and her niece to anywhere that was NOT here. But Chiron had told her that the Fates had demanded her presence in this, excuse her language, shit hole of a town.

Trying again, Maia started with, "Oh, my most favourite Goddess of all time, her being a gorgeous deity that is amazing and inspiring, i wish for your assistance to prepare for this stupid ball..."

"I'd love to, Darling!!"

Holding an aged chest that was no doubt filled with her old, but perfectly preserved dresses from when she was still mortal, her's and her mother's, stood a tall, hour glass shaped woman whose features shifted continuously to conform to the next vision beauty.

The Goddess, Aphrodite.