🐏Becoming a part of the.......what's the name again?🐏 [Edited&Rewritten]

Masaomi's POV

Masaomi's POV

Lost in my own thoughts, I floated aimlessly, contemplating my next steps. The question of what I could do for a living loomed in my mind. "Maybe I can work as a mage? No, I don't have proper training," I mused, dismissing the idea. I continued to drift until a poster caught my attention. It depicted two figures, Meliodas and Ban, members of the renowned group known as the Seven Deadly Sins. The name Meliodas struck a chord in my memory. Could he be the same person that Elizabeth mentioned back at the tavern? My mind raced, trying to piece together the connections.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted my thoughts, and I turned to see a small, yellow-haired captain watching me intently. "So, you're the one Elizabeth was talking about," he remarked. The realization hit me like a bolt of lightning. "Oh yeah, I'm guessing you're Meliodas?" I responded, my gaze meeting his. "Yep, that's me," he confirmed. I couldn't help but wonder why he had followed me. His next words provided the answer. "I wanted you to come to the Boar Hat!" he exclaimed with excitement.

Curiosity piqued, I inquired, "Why?" Thoughts raced through my mind as I tried to make sense of his invitation. "Did I not pay enough for the meal? Did I do something wrong?" But Meliodas quickly put my concerns to rest. "Because I thought we need more workers, and I happened to hear that you're looking for a job. So come work for us," he explained, his enthusiasm evident.

I recalled the earlier conversation with Elizabeth and realized that she must have mentioned my job search to Meliodas. "Ah, so that's how he knew," I thought, grateful for Elizabeth's kindness and her efforts to help me. Despite my initial hesitation, the prospect of working at the Boar Hat tavern intrigued me.

Moments earlier, before Meliodas had left...

I handed the payment to Ban, the talented cook who had prepared my delicious meal. "Here you go, Ban," I said, a smile on my face. He accepted the money with a nod, his gratitude evident. Just then, Elizabeth descended the stairs, her eyes filled with curiosity. "Well, Sir Masaomi, why are you all the way up here?" she asked, her voice tinged with puzzlement. I explained that I was searching for a job and inquired if she knew of any available positions. Her immediate thought was to ask Meliodas if I could work at the tavern.

Though appreciative of her concern, I reassured her, "Nah, it's okay. You don't need to ask him. I'm sure I'll find something soon." However, Elizabeth remained determined. "Well, I'll still ask anyway," she declared, her determination shining through. With a sigh, I bid them farewell, unaware of the events that would soon unfold.

Returning to the present moment, I found myself standing before Meliodas, contemplating his proposition. "Well, since I have no job now, why not?" I shrugged, a sense of adventure stirring within me. Meliodas beamed with delight at my acceptance. "Good! Well, we should head back now. It's going to get late soon," he suggested, turning around and taking the lead. I quickly called after him, a touch of desperation in my voice, "W-wait! Don't forget me! I don't remember the way back!"