goodbyes and...hello?

Surprise update! I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who decided to give my story a chance, you guys are the best!

*** 

She hadn't talked to Cedric in a week. She'd been so focused on building friendships that she ignored him for five days. She honestly felt terrible, which must have been the reason she snuck out after curfew and crawled into the Hufflepuff common room. She noticed two students curled up on an enlarged cushion and smiled softly. If only she could be devoid of sleep problems.

Tearing her eyes away she floated to Cedric's bed.

As she walked through the dorm room, she was hit with multiple silencing charms, obviously these boys didn't want any curious ears listening in. She pushed on until her hands brushed the dark black curtains covering Cedric's bed. She pulled them back slowly and saw her boyfriend was asleep. She climbed in beside him and curled up in his side, taking time to observe the features she'd missed so much recently.

Sighing softly she turned her head back around and closed her eyes, ready to drift off. Soft lips touched her hair and she smiled at the affection.

"I love you," he whispered lowly. Her face almost split in two as she realized how much she missed those words.

"I love you too."

***

Waking up to arms wrapped around her had quite possibly been the best thing about their relationship. She smelled the remnants of his cologne on the sheets, and the musky scent of his shampoo. She tried not to move, but found herself rolling over so they were face to face.

"Morning sweetheart," his voice vibrated against her cheek. She smiled and looked up into his warm eyes.

"Good morning, pumpkin." His nose scrunched up at the nickname, looking at her incredulously.

"Really?" She shrugged lazily.

"I was trying it out, I want you to have a pet name too," she pouted. He chuckled and twirled her hair lightly.

"Just Ced will do nicely."

"Not Daddy?" Cedric's eyes widened and he choked on his own spit, causing him to cough loudly. Emerald started laughing loudly at his shocked face before she noticed his eyes darken rapidly. Well shit.

"What did you just say?"

"No, Cedric I was kidding! Are you serious right now, a daddy kink?!" He smirked at her before pinning her arms above her head.

"Oh sweetheart, you don't know the half of it." And despite everything she felt her stomach flutter at his words.

***

It was the sixth of June when Emerald heard of Sirius Black's escape. Though shocked, she was not at all surprised. He had escaped Azkaban for Merlin's sake, and they thought Hogwarts was going to hold him?

She was much too busy last minute packing to pay that man any mind. Cedric had once again warned her a week prior to get her suitcase in order, but did she listen? No.

He was a bit concerned for her seeing as how her Father rejected her this past Christmas, but she assured him all was well and she would owl him as often as she could. Sighing to herself she hoped she was right.

She pushed her trunk off of her bed as she folded her last sweater and slammed it closed. She flopped on her mattress and looked up. Somehow Cedric had figured out how to project stars on the ceiling of her bed. She mindlessly toyed with the locket around her neck thinking about everything that had happened this year.