Day Seven - March 7 - Nostalgia

Dread pounded in Sebastian's chest, his throat tightening at the thought of interacting with the next business owner. Reluctantly, he looked at the list, pausing when he saw the next spot on the map was The Round Table. His eyes opened and closed, remembering how Django offered to be an open ear, though Sebastian didn't even know where to begin let alone what kind of advice Django might come up with that might help him out.

Sebastian did feel a slight sense of relief, though the anxiety which plagued him at interacting with others didn't go away.

Taking a deep breath, he headed towards The Round Table, fond memories of interacting with Django as the man taught him how to use a sword, but he'd always admired the Storm Knight. The man was always patient with him, but thinking of how patient his former teacher was made Sebastian relax a little as his hands jammed into his pockets, the corner of his mouth twisting ever so slightly.

Sebastian also remembered thinking he'd not have the opportunity to practice his sword while he was in Stardew, only to learn about the adventuring guild. Marlon was loath to let him join at first, telling him children shouldn't be venturing into the mines on their own, muttering the entire time about not wanting to pull him out of the mine.

And then, Marlon ran into him at the lower levels – the icy ones that Sebastian loved so much, but something Sebastian shouldn't have been able to do without having had someone teach him, nor should he have fought off the monsters which lurked down there with ease. For the first few years after joining, Marlon tried getting Sebastian to tell him who his teacher was, yet finally gave up.

Of course, his mother wasn't happy about him becoming a member and threatened bodily harm to Marlon should anything happen to Sebastian, which simply amused the man. Thoughts of his mother made the slight smile on Sebastian's face flicker away as he continued towards The Round Table, noticing the waitress outside at the small stall out front that sold drinks of a temperature that depended on the weather, along with a few other basic items such as dishes.

He thought nothing of her presence standing there, until she said, "My, aren't you dreamy."

Sebastian's eyes blinked rapidly while his mouth hung open, but his focus was on the young woman. Her skin was of a similar color to Maru's, but her hair was cut short, framing her face nicely while her eyes were a vivid gold which stood out even more because of her uniform. She wore a headband with feathers in her hair, but Sebastian found himself left with the very strange impression she was eating him up in a sexual manner, which in turn made his face fire up big time from embarrassment.

"Leave the boy alone, Sonia." Django's voice pulled Sebastian out of the stupor he found himself in, his eyes turning to focus on his former teacher. The man smiled at him, before following up his statement by saying, "Come on in for a sec. Gale's sending you to greet the local business owners, right?"

"Yeah," Sebastian said softly, looking at Sonia warily as she continued to look him up and down, obviously sizing him up. Her actions felt disconcerting. "I'm not the type for girls to be interested in unless you're talking wannabe adventurers like..." Sebastian shook his head, not wanting to think about Abigail and how she still hadn't passed Marlon's entrance exam for the adventuring guild.

He followed Django into The Round Table, his eyes glued to the floor. "So, how's it going?"

Sebastian glanced up, gripping the counter nearby. "What do you mean by that?"

Django's mouth twisted as he contemplated what Sebastian said, but he followed up by saying, "Well, if I were to be more specific, I'm wondering how it is going both at your workshop and this meet and greet idea Gale came up with? "