Day Four - March 4 - Path to Prosper

For Portia to prosper the city needed to move forward. Moving forward meant bringing the beautiful city up to date, which included implementing various projects around the town. Helping move the town forward was Gust's bossiness partner Albert, who shared similar dreams regarding the town.

One of these jobs involved making sure the local businesses could easily connect to the Internet which would then allow the local shops to export local goods much easier. While the city proved popular for relic hunting, tourists were also dissatisfied with the lack of Internet connection available in other cities.

On Tuesday, Gale expected a young man to arrive from a place called Stardew Valley to take on this particular job. He waited patiently for the young man to show, yet the young man never did. As such, Gale found himself late for lunch with his dear Ginger, but he hurried up the path to the family home. He brushed by a young man wearing a black hoodie. "I'm late. I'm late for lunch with my Ginger."

He didn't see the young man flinch, let alone the young man's face. In fact, he simply thought the person a tourist even after a certain someone showed up in his office. In fact, he'd not seen a certain someone in a long time, yet felt the utmost delight upon seeing Mint standing there in front of him.

Mint had grown quite a lot since Gale last saw his nephew, yet so had Mint's hair. In fact, seeing Mint with shoulder-length hair - strangely styled for that matter - was honestly something Gale hadn't expected, nor was the fact his nephew now dressed all in black. Of course, Mint didn't want to be called by his childhood nickname, something Gale was likely to forget in his usual exuberance later on.

Something was also definitely off. Specifically, Sebastian had always been a shy child growing up, so his nephew hesitating wasn't abnormal. No, Gale was bothered by the fact Sebastian didn't want his mother to know where he was, which in turn meant the two weren't talking which also meant something happened.

If Sebastian wanted to spread his wings and leave the nest, Gale wasn't going to stop him, let alone get Robin involved in the situation. Instead, he wanted to see Sebastian blossom in the same way the boy did when he was a child. Sebastian, after all, was a genius, hands down.

Of course, there was also the issue of Sebastian apparently not having seen Arlo yet. Gale wondered in the back of his mind whether or not this had to do with Sebastian wanting Robin not to know; personally, Gale didn't think Arlo would say anything to Robin either, particularly since Arlo was out of sorts with Robin himself.

The idea of the two not getting along felt strange, particularly since the two went around when they were younger calling themselves the Storm Riders. Both admired Django greatly, yet practiced with the retired knight they idolized. As such, a tame related to Django's status as the Storm Knight made sense, yet in some ways, the name also related to the Flying Pigs Arlo was so interested in joining.

Unfortunately, Gale couldn't type in any of the workshop information as his computer crashed. He felt bad, given this meant he was taking up more of Sebastian's precious time - time Sebastian could use trying to get his workshop out there. The computer problems, honestly, were another reason why Gale wanted a person with computer experience in town, even if it was just for a while.

"I could look at it, see if I can't get it up and running."

Gale found himself surprised, yet gladly accepted his nephew's help. What surprised him, even more, was how quickly Sebastian resolved the problem which made Gale ponder why Sebastian hadn't applied for the job regarding the Internet.

He almost asked Sebastian again if he would join them for lunch to cover up the fact he'd actually figured out that his nephew was, in fact, the young person who applied for the job, but didn't show up in time. What clued him in was the way Sebastian acted, avoiding eye contact the exact same way the boy did when he was younger.