Chapter 29

This one hurt to write.

Melany's pov

Everyone has something they work for, it doesn't matter if it's to graduate or to save up enough money to travel the world. 

What matters is that you never give up, despite the lack of motivation on some days. That's how we train our mind the be disciplined. 

I have worked my ass off since middle school, teachers always liked me, I was on top of my class and I did after school activities.

I did everything that was necessary to achieve my goal.

I needed to get into law school, not only because I wanted to kick ass and be a bad ass lawyer but also because I needed to prove myself and the people around me that I am capable of achieving something big.

I just needed something that I have control over to go right. 

I wanted to be the one who was in control and I wanted to do the best job ever.

And I did it. 

I'm sitting here in my empty apartment, on my bed with my acceptance letter in my hand.

I got into Harvard Law. 

I reread the letter for the tenth time and the biggest smile brushed over my face, "I did it" I whispered to myself. 

I jumped off my bed and pressed the letter against my chest as I jumped around, the euphoric high that rushed through my veins was better than any kind of joy I have experienced in my live. 

Once I saw the letter in my mail box when I got back from work I snatched it and ran up to my apartment to read it.

"I fucking did it!" I yelled as I let my eyes sweep over the paper in my hands.

'Congratulations, we are happy to announce you got accepted into Harvard Law.' 

I folded the paper and put it back in the envelope it came in before I took off to the living room, I danced through the hall and carefully put the envelope down on the dinner table before I grabbed my phone.

All the hard work and sleepless nights have payed off, I'm going to my dream college. 

I scrolled through my contacts and to my surprise I ended up with my thumb hovering above Blake's name, he is the one I want to break the news to first. He knew how badly I wanted to get in and he was the one who reassured me that I would make it, even when I doubted myself. 

I scrolled back up and clicked on Allison's name, not wanting to destroy my good mood by thinking about my ex.

I looked in the mirror as I put the phone to my ear and waited for Allison to pick up. 

My hair fell straight down to the top off my boobs, my face was bare, my cheeks were rosy off all the smiling and the shorts, high socks and hoodie didn't really flatter me. 

I don't look as good as I could, but I have never seen a happier reflection of myself and honestly? I like this version of me better than the old me. 

I was knocked down and picked myself back up and now as I got into Harvard Law, nothing can bring me down anymore.

Allison finally picked up and before I could overwhelm her with my good news I heard uncontrollable sobbing on the other end of the phone, "Al, what's wrong?"

She couldn't get full words out and I started panicking. I could hear people around her, she was definitely outside and I could swear I just heard someone in the background say something about a hospital.