Mairka

Next shift.

I got up and got ready for work. I packed my bag and got into the truck with dad. We left. I put my stuff in my locker and then went to meeting. After we had breakfast. I went out and did inventory on the ambo. When I was done I sat down on the garage floor and texted Marika back. I looked around. I realized what my life really looked like. Someone walked up. They looked familiar. I couldn't recognize them though.

?: Hey? I'm looking for Faith Casey?
Severide: she's in the ambo?
?: oh okay.

It was Landon.

Landon: hey.

I hugged him.

Faith: been a while?
Landon: for sure
Faith: what's up?
Landon: I wanted to talk to you. You know Marika.
Faith: yeah we're close.
Landon: we're worried about her mental health.
Faith: what why?
Landon: last night I walked into her with her pointing a gun at her self. It took me ten minutes to convince her to stop.
Faith: oh my god.
Landon: yeah. We want you to talk to her.
Faith: I will. For sure.
Landon: thank you.

I nodded. He hugged me again and then left. I went inside.

Faith: anyone seen Sylvie?
Dad: uh no? Why?

I went to the bunk room. And then to the locker room. Then back out. I saw her.

Faith: mind if we run out?
Sylvie: sure.

We went out. I shut the doors. Then went and got in. We took off. I told her where to go.

Sylvie: where are we?
Faith: my friends. I'll be quick.

I went up to the door and knocked. I let myself in. I looked I there she was. Sitting there teary eyed, hun in hand. She smiled.

Marika: I'm sorry.

Gunfire.

Sylvies pov

Gunshot.

Sylvie: I need a 10-1
Dispatch: what's going on 61?
Sylvie: my partners inside a house I heard a gunshot
Dispatch: sending responding.

I got out of the ambulance. I waited. Seconds later police showed up. Then Boden and 81.

Faiths pov

I walked over. I looked at her. I felt for a pulse and there wasn't anything. I had blood on me. I put my hand on the side of her head.

Faith: I love you.

I backed up. The door bursted open.

?: Chicago PD! You ok?
Faith: yeah.
?: She shoot herself?
Faith: yeah.
?: you know her?
Faith: Marika Franklin. Was the happiest girl I've known in a long time. I guess she was depressed I could do anything.
?: Ok. Why don't you get out of here.

I nodded. I walked out the door. I took a deep breath as I walked back to the ambo.

Sylvie: you ok?
Faith: yeah.
Dad: what happened.
Faith: she uh killed herself.
Dad: oh. Who.
Faith: a girl from school. Her boyfriend asked me to come and talk to her.
Mouch: don't take the fall kid.
Faith: yeah.

I turned around.

Faith: can we go?
Sylvie: yeah.

We went back to the house. I went inside and changed and washed up. I went back out.

Dad: hungry?
Faith: No.
dad: ok.

I went and sat down.

Cruz: you knew that girl pretty well didn't you?
Faith: depends. I mean I guess I kind of saw it coming. She's always used she showed up at my apartment at the strangest time high as a kite. I tried to help her. I really did. There's only so much you can do for some people.
Otis: just keep your head up. We're here to talk if you need.

The bells went off.

Ambo 61 man in distress

We got up and went out to the ambo. We got in and rolled out. Sylvie parked. I got out and grabbed the red bag. I went up to the door and knocked. The door opened. We went in.

?: I don't know what happened.

I looked at the girl.

Faith: what happened hun?
?: He- he pushed me-

She blacked out.

Sylvie: what happened?
?: Ashe fell down the stairs.
Faith: Not what she was saying. Did you push her.
?: No. why would I do that.
Faith: sir please back up.

We treated the girl. We got her onto the chair then took her to the ambo. We took her to med.

Sylvie: she fell down the stairs.
Faith: she did not that son of a bitch pushed her. She said it herself.
Maggie: what?

We helped them get the girl onto the bed.

Faith: I asked her what happened and she said, "he pushed me" and blacked out.
Maggie: we think he pushed her.
Sylvie: it's possible. The guy seemed really rilled up.
Maggie: ok.

We went out. I filled out the paper work. Sylvie got what we needed. We went and loaded the stretcher into the ambo. We went back to 51.

Sylvie: wait.
Faith: what's up?
Sylvie: I'm leaving 51. This is my last shift.
Faith: what
Sylvie: I'm moving to Indiana with the Chaplin.
Faith: oh.
Sylvie: I'm sorry.
Faith: your good. Go be happy. I'll miss you. But as long as your happy.

We went inside. I talked with Sylvie. We had lunch. After lunch I listened to everyone talking. After dinner I went in and hit the hay.