vi. sarah's bones

The group had all set out to the woods where Sam had been when she saw Sarah Fier. Josh handed out headlights to those who wanted them.

"I can't believe you're wearing that." Deena critiqued Kate's choices.

"I can't believe you're above wearing it, when we're in the middle of the fucking woods and dead maniacs are after us." Kate retorted, walking past her and following Josh.

They all began walking into the woods, mostly in silence. Sydney couldn't stand the quiet, so she turned to Kate beside her. "You guys don't actually think it's the witch, right?" She asked her. Sydney was still very weary about the subject of a witch being behind all of this.

Kate nodded. "If you can think of another way to explain why we're being chased by dead killers then, yes, we do." She told her.

Sydney sighed. "I guess." She mumbled. "What part really convinced you?" She asked, trying to make sense of the whole situation. It was all too much too fast.

"The part about dead killers chasing us." Kate deadpanned. "Look, Syd, I get you want logic but there is none. Sarah Fier's pissed at us and is sending killers to come murder us." Kate said.

Sydney laughed a little, finding humor in how Kate had gave it to her straight. "I should've gotten a headlight." She joked.

Kat smiled. "Don't worry. I'm your light." She threw her arm around Sydney making Sydney smile. Even in the face of death the two still found a way to make each other smile.

Eventually found their way to Peter's wrecked car. "Ok, so I fell out of the car...here." Sam retraced her steps, showing them where she had fallen. "I was crawling, and my nose was bleeding." Sam dug into the moss covered ground with her hands. "I feel something." She told them and began pulling up what she had been feeling.

"Chains?" Kate questioned.

"Oh! Not just chains." Simon says, and looks down at the skull. They all react in shock as more of the body parts of a skeleton appear.

"Fier." Josh reads off the chain lock. "It's her. It's her grave." He concludes.

"Oh no, no. No! This is bad! This is really bad!" Simon begins to freak out.

"No wonder the witch is pissed at us. I'd be pissed too. Sam disturbed her grave." Kate said giving Sam a look.

Josh sighed. "Now she's sending her henchmen after us." He whispered, but it was still audible to all of them.

"Henchmen?" Kate questioned. "As in every one of those sickos on your wall is coming after us?" She asked him.

Suddenly, they heard a twig snap making them all jump a little. "Did you hear that?" Josh asked them all.

They all looked into the dark, but saw nothing. "Hold up. Hold up." Simon said to them. "She's mad because we disturbed her grave, right?" He asked.

"Yeah. So?" Deena turned to him, trying to understand what he was getting at.

"So, let's un-disturb it? Just put the bones back, rebirth them, and put her to rest!" He suggested.

"No, that's so stupid." Deena shot down.

"That's genius!" Josh encouraged.

"Yeah! In...in Poltergeist!" Another twig snaps and they all gasp, turning to see where it had come from.

"Whatever. Let's do it quickly so we can go." Kate rushed.

So, they sent Josh to keep watch as they got to work. "Deena, Deena! Find something to wrap her bones!0 Simon instructed as Deena went to Peter's car.

Deena came back with a jacket and handed it to Simon. "Guys?" Josh called. When he got no response he continued. "Guys, I think there's someone in the woods!" He warned. They all began trying to wrap the bones in the jacket and once they finally did they buried it. "We need to hurry!" Josh shouted at them.

Finally, they had finished. "We're sorry." Simon whispered to the bones as he held down the jacket that was now buried in moss.

"Did it work?" Kate asked. They all looked at each other, not knowing what to say. "Did it work?" Kate yelled at Josh.

Josh didn't answer but as soon as Kate asked, a guy with an axe came rushing towards them. The teens all ran, scared for their lives yet again.

They all got into the ambulance just in time before the axe murderer could get anyone hurt. "That was the Camp Nightwing Killer!" Josh told them.

"That was a bust!" Kate corrected him.

"Yeah, maybe because it's not like the movies, ok? It's not as easy as putting bones to rest!" Deena shouted at them.

"It should've worked. It always works!" Simon said.

"Maybe it's her missing hand." Josh brought up.

"Who gives a shit? It doesn't matter. Hey, how do I not die?" Kate asked them. It didn't matter what was going on, Kate Schmidt always found a way to make a sarcastic comment.

"We! How do we not die!" Simon corrected her. "And I'm looking at you, witch nerd!" He shouted at Josh.

"I...I don't know!" Josh panicked.

"It's not like Josh knows everything! Some things in History aren't confirmed and aren't even written down!" Sydney defended the younger boy.

"They're not coming for us!" Sam finally spoke up. "They're coming for me." She told them.

"What?" Deena asked.

"I saw her again..." Sam revealed. "The witch. She...I disturbed her grave. She wants me." She explained to them.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Nightwing ran right by me." Josh told them. "I jumped out of his way and it was like he didn't even see me. He went for her." He said.

"Guys, no! Ruby attacked Simon. Skull mask came after us at home. And while you guys were babysitting!" Deena reminded them.

The car came to a sharp break and Kate emerged from the front. "No, he didn't. Skull Mask didn't care about us. He wanted this." Kate unzipped Simon's jacket to show his white shirt covered in blood. "Sam's blood."

They all were very grossed out by Simon's shirt. "Yeah! From the crash when Sam puked period!It's Jaws, dude! A shark smelling blood!" Simon confirmed. "Kate's right! When we found Skeletor, he was all sniffy and weird with my shirt like a perv in a pantie shop!" He explained.

"Yeah, but he came to our house too!" Deena still tried to defend.

"Deena..." Kate whispered to her, looking down at her feet. They all saw it. Sam's blood on her shoe.

"Sam bled on her bones, now the witch wants more of her blood!" Simon freaked.

"Ok, so what do they do in Jaws?" Sam asked.

"Well, I'm pretty sure they didn't go skinny-filling with the goddamn bait." Kate said.

"She's not bait!" Deena defended yet again.

"Yeah. She is." Josh agreed. "Seriously, if we're right and they're after her...let's give these assholes what they want."