ix. sam fraser must die

Breaking into the store, Simon led them to the drug section where he would get all the things they needed to kill Sam and bring her back after.

"A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance. He was dead for two minutes." Simon explained to them. "But...we got him back!" He told them.

"Kate. It's time for you close-up." Deena said.

Kate nodded and began emptying out pill bottles. "You need to take these in order. Pile one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn." Simon stated, showing her each pile. "Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You may feel slightly sick." He told her her. "Now, you need to take a five-minute interval between pike two and pile three. That's really important, ok? Like three beings you down and out, so you gotta two that five or it's all gonna go to shit!" He rambled.

"How many do we have?" Kate asked in reference to the epipens that they had on the table.

"Tons. Like a thousand." Simon answered. "Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!" Simon explained.

Next, they covered their chests with Sam's blood. "Sam's blood marks the spot." Deena said as she covered Josh and pulled him in for a hug.

Simon, Kate, and Sydney already had the blood across their chest. "You guys remember half an hour ago, when you wanted to murder me?" Sam asked them. "You don't have to do this. You can leave." She told them.

"Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us?" Kate reminded her. "We're ending this together." She stated.

Simon put a hand on her shoulder. "Die well, my friend." He said.

Sydney gave Sam a smile. "Stay safe and don't die from those psychos." She tried her best at sounding hopeful, but when Sydney saw Sam smile, she knew it had worked. "Seriously. I don't want you dead." Sydney added, making Sam chuckled lightly.

She quickly gave Sam a hug, which definitely surprised Sam as well as the others. Simon turned to Josh. "We got back door patrol." He told him.

"Hey!" Kate stopped the two and quickly pressed a kiss on Josh's lips. "I'll run interference up here." She said before walking off.

Simon gave Josh a smile as Sydney walked up to them. "You don't get a kiss." Sydney quickly told Simon, who frowned. "But stay safe, please." She begged him.

Simon nodded and as Sydney went to catch up with Kate, he pulled her by the arm back towards him and kissed her. "You stay safe too." He remarked as Sydney smiled at him.

"I said no kiss." She reminded him as Simon held onto her hand, clearly not wanting to let her go and wanting her to stay with him.

Sydney squeezed his hand, reassuring him she would be fine. Simon nodded and reluctantly let go, letting Sydney go to catch up with Kate. "You really like her, huh?" Josh asked. Simon smiled at the younger boy and led him away, not saying anything with words but clearly his eyes said it all. He really did like Sydney.

Sydney made her way to Kate, who seemed more determined than ever. "Killing murders with your best friend has to be some sort of life goal." Sydney joked, clearly trying to make herself feel less scared.

Kate turned around to face her. She didn't smile but Sydney knew it was because she was scared. "Do you think we should split up? Cover more ground, make things safer for the others." Kate suggested.

Sydney nodded but for a moment they just stood there. "You're my best friend, you know?" Sydney told her. "So don't die or I won't be able to live on." She stated.

Kate quickly pulled Sydney in for a hug. Sydney felt her shoulders relax instead of tensing up. "You can't die either. Stay alive for me and Simon." She said, letting a small smile escape. Sydney nodded and the two went their separate ways.

The farther the two got the more anxious Sydney became. She began to fiddle with her hands as she felt more alone without her friends being near. She thought it was best to search for something to fight with in case a killer came after her. But Sydney didn't know what to pick up. She wasn't smart like Josh or strong like Kate. In fact, she and Simon were at the same brain capacity yet he even knew what to do. Sydney decided to make her way to the kitchen section and pick up a pan, as she couldn't trust herself with a knife.

Just as she picked it up, Sydney heard screaming. She didn't know whether to run towards it or away so she just stood frozen in fear. That was until she recognized the screams as Kate's. If there was one thing Sydney knew, she wasn't letting her best friend die that night. So she tried to run as fast as she could to reach Kate. Sydney tried to pick up the pace as the screams of Kate got louder and seemed to be fewer. She hoped that Kate being Kate could get herself out the issue before Sydney got to her.

Sydney's legs felt heavy as Kate stopped screaming. She felt what had happened in her soul but refused to believe it had happened until she had seen it. As she got closer to where Kate was screaming from, she caught up with Josh and Simon, who arrived at Kate's body together.

Sydney felt her entire body grow heavy at this point. She felt like she was going to be sick seeing the dead body of her best friend lying on the table. Sydney couldn't scream, she couldn't even form words.

She looked at her friends in shock and just like that Simon's head was hit with an axe.

This is what caused her to scream. It was a blood curdling scream and she began running with Josh as they were being chased. Josh tripped and Sydney tried to help him up but Skull Mask was a lot quicker than she was. Just Sydney was about to hit Skull Mask with her pan, he disappeared before their eyes.

Sam was dead. "Guys, guys! Come help me! Get the pens!" Deena yelled at them. "Get the pens! Help me! Go get the EpiPens." She begged them as she pulled Sam's lifeless body out of the water.

Josh and Sydney raced to get the EpiPens and brought them all back to Deena. Deena began using them on Sam, but none of them worked. "Are you doing it right?" Josh asked.

"I don't know. I don't know." Deena admitted as she kept trying them.

"I don't think it's working." Josh told her.

Deena dismissed that statement immediately. "It has to work! It has to!" She mumbled.

"She drowned! EpiPens don't bring back people who have drowned." Sydney stated.

"Everyone's dead." Josh said. "Simon..Kate.." He whispered.

"No. No, Sam!" Deena begged as she shook her lover. "I will not let you do this." She said. She began doing CPR as Josh and Sydney watched her in tears.

Just like that Sam spit up the water and quickly sat up, coughing. Deena held her girlfriend as Josh let out a sigh of relief and lay on the floor.

Sydney just sat there staring at the ground. She was still in shock and possible denial that Simon and Kate were dead. She felt like she finally had something good in her life and it had been taken away from her. She honestly wanted to go back to Simon's body just to see if he was really dead. But deep down she knew he was gone and that going back to see his corpse wouldn't do anything for her.

Sydney could never get Simon back.