vii. pound town

Josh had come up with a plan as usual. The teens all went to their school and began doing as they were told. Simon fetched the lost and found bin and they all began digging for clothes. "Alright, we have to decontaminate. You can't have any of Sam's blood on you." Josh told them.

"Well, not much I can do about that." Sam shrugged.

Sam walked off with Deena not too far behind. "Deena, you have to get clean too! Not a single drop, ok?" Josh reminded her.

"Rub-a-dub-dub time!" Simon said as he entered the bathroom.

"Hey, wait." Kate stopped Josh. "I don't want to go in by myself." She said to him.

Sydney looked around. "Am I not going in with you?" She asked.

Kate frowned at her best friend. "Sydney, you never know what to do during conflict. Josh does." She told her.

Sydney looked over at Josh and sighed. She noticed the look in both of their eyes. They liked each other and even though they could possibly be killed Sydney was always ready to be her best friend's wingman. "I'll go in with Simon." She told the two. "Take care of her." She whispered to Josh before entering the bathroom.

When she entered the bathroom, Simon clearly was expecting Josh and turned around and smiled. "You're not a nerd." He said.

Sydney smiled. "Thanks." She said. "Kate didn't want to be alone in the bathroom with just me, so being the best friend in the whole world I decided to give her some time with Josh." Sydney explained to him. Simon nodded in understanding. "I'll change in the stall, you won't have to worry about me." She assured.

As she opened the stall door, Simon stopped her. "Hey, uh, can we talk?" He asked her. Sydney nodded, turning to face him. "I just wanted to apologize for thinking you hated me." He started off.

Sydney gave him a confused look. "Why would you apologize? I guess I was a bit standoffish, I do like you Simon." She said.

Simon smiled. "Ok, good. I like you too." He told her. "I've always thought you were cool, even before we were friends." He added.

Sydney gave him a smaller smile. "Me too." She complimented. Simon laughed a little, not out of humor just out of not knowing what to say. "Is that all?" Sydney asked.

Simon cleared his throat "Uh, no." He took a small step closer to her, not too close but just close enough. "Can I tell you something before we die?" He asked.

Sydney rolled her eyes jokingly. "We aren't going to die. We can't die, we're both too cool." She smiled.

Simon didn't give a genuine laugh but still laughed. "I'm serious." He told her.

Sydney gave him an odd look. "Simon Kalidova? Serious? Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

Simon shook his head. "Ok how do I put this when we're in a life or death situation?" He questioned himself. Sydney shrugged, she was worried about what he was going to say. "Ok...uh..." He couldn't seem to form the words.

"Simon, if I did something to offend yo-"

"I like you." Simon cut Sydney off.

Sydney paused for a moment. "Yeah, we just said we thought we were both cool." She reminded him.

Simon rolled his eyes. "No, like, uh...like you." He corrected her. Sydney took a while to understand what he was getting at, but once she did she didn't know what to say.

Sydney didn't expect this, maybe it was because they were being chased by dead killers or maybe because this was Simon. Simon was always a bit nicer to her but she assumed it was because he thought she hated him. "Ever since Kate introduced us I thought you were pretty and your personality just made me like you even more." He began to ramble. Sydney was still in shock as Simon continued talking. She had stopped thinking and did something she would've never expected.

She kissed him.

Simon was surprised by the kiss at first but it made him stop talking. It was a quick kiss and Sydney just gasped at herself. Simon smiled at her and next thing she knew he kissed her. This kiss lasted longer than the first, way longer. Even though Sydney enjoyed it she didn't want things to go to far. Especially when they were supposed to be changing because they didn't want some crazy dead killers to mistake them for Sam.

So, she stopped and took a step back. "Oh my god, did I do something wrong?" Simon asked her, he was worried that maybe he had kissed her wrong or that she thought she just didn't like him.

Sydney shook her head. "No, I just don't want things to escalate. We should change." She told him. Simon nodded but before she went into a stall to change, Sydney pressed a quick kiss onto Simon's lips. "After we defeat those crazy sons of a bitches, we can kiss again." She promised, making Simon smile.

After changing and washing up. Simon and Sydney were somehow the first people done. "Hey, after this I'm gonna take you out somewhere." He swore as they stood outside waiting for the others.

Sydney smiled at him. "Movies? No horror though." She pointed a finger making Simon nod.

Kate and Josh came out looking awkward as ever and somehow Simon and Sydney knew what had happened between the two. "No!" Simon smiled.

"Calm down. It was barely first base." Kate told them.

Next, Sam and Deena came back. It was obvious they also had also done something. "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Did you...all go to pound town?" Simon asked them. When none of them said anything, Simon smiled. "We did too!" He told them.

Sydney hit his arm. "We did not! It was just a kiss!" She corrected him.

꧁꧂

Just like that, they all began getting ready to trap the killers. The bait and the trap was all ready, now they just had to wait for the killers to come for Sam to set their plan in motion.

The five all had almost finished setting up when Simon came running. "Dude! She's here! I saw her! She was...She was so fucking crazy still! She was doing it! Following the blood trails!" He told them.

"It's working. Skull Mask freak, three o'clock." Kate said. They all turned to see Skull Mask and soon heard Ruby singing. "This is so dumb." Kate criticized. "If this doesn't work, I will murder you!" She told Deena. Next came the Nightwing killer. He was running unlike the others.

"They're all here." Deena said in fear.

But they didn't go for them. Just like they had thought, the killers all went into the bathroom and as soon as they were all in there, they locked them in the bathroom.

Sam soon came out through the vents. "Go, go, go, go, go!" She rushed them all. Without hesitation they all did the next part of their plan.

Deena lit a lighter and they heard the screams of the killers as they burned.