chapter 15

The big flame of burning light and piercing rays drifted below the horizon saying a goodbye. Rapidly the sky filled with a hollow blackness, covering the world in a dark mystery. The silence of the night however, wasn't that silent as the Agarwal house. This dreaded night with an ominous silence and uncertainty of what comes next was terrifying.

Swapreena were in Naina's room, all silent. They were still coping up with the words of Panditji. Just then Preeti exclaimed,

Preeti-Aisa thodi hota hai!

Swati and Naina looked at Preeti and she continued.

Preeti-Roka ho chuka hai, dono families itni ghulmil gayi hai toh ab mana kaise kar sakte hai.

Swati-Hum thodi na faisla le sakte hai, Bade aur Sameer-Naina pe hi depended hai.

Swati looked at Naina and as she gulped and looked down. Preeti shifted to Naina and held her hand.

Preeti-Naina, dekh, hum tujhe pressurize nahi kar rahe Lekin hum sab dekh sakte hai ki tu aur Sameer kitne khush ho saath.

Swati-Agar tum dono ek-dusre se dur reh sakte ho toh hum kuch nhi kahenge, par agar ek-saath rehna chaho, toh sabko inkaar kar do; hum kabhi future dekh nahi sakte Naina, koi bhi nahi.

Naina nodded her head and they heard a knock. All looked at the door, to see Sameer there.

Sameer-Bhabhi, Dadi aapko bula rhi hai.

Swati nodded and stood up along with Preeti. She extended her hands to pick up Advait who was asleep besides her but Naina stopped.

Naina-Bhabhi usse rehne dijiye, baad mein utha denge.

Swati-Thik hai.

Swati agreed and walked towards the door but stopped besides Sameer and kept her hand on his shoulder giving a light press. Sameer looked at his Bhabhi and blinked in assurance. He walked in and sat in front of Naina; on the bed. After an awkward silence Sameer asked.

Sameer-Tumne....kya socha hai?

Naina was caressing Advaits head when Sameer softly asked. She inhaled sharply and replied.

Naina-Mujhe......mujhe pata nahi main kya...main...main bas-

Naina stammered not knowing what to say, understanding this Sameer slowly took her hand in his saying.

Sameer-Tumhare mann mein jo bhi ho woh bejhijak kaho Naina. Main tumhe judge nahi karunga.

Naina- Main....main bachpan se kabhi mummy-papa ke khilaaf nahi gayi, hamesha har baat maani. Jab yeh rishta tay hua tab bhi maine unke liye haa ki fir aapko Jaana (pause) Main....main unke khilaaf nahi jaana chahti, unka jo bhi faisla hoga usse main sehmat hungi.

Sameer (smiles)-Aur main tumhari.

She looked him, surprised to see him agreeing with all her decisions without any objection.

Naina-Aap meri har baat kaise maan sakte hai?

Sameer-Kyuki yeh tumhari hi nahi meri bhi baat hai.

Naina gave him a puzzled looked and he replied.

Sameer-Tum jaanti hi ho ki mere liye family kya cheez hai, specially yeh wali. Bohot ehsaan hai Naina inke mujhpe aur pyar bhi. Aur yahi pyar main unhe wapis dena chahta hu. Agar kisi cheez se hamari family ko taklif hogi toh main woh har cheez sacrifice kar dunga.

He looked at her, deeply in her eyes with certainty and a little mist. The next moment his eyes turned emotional and soft as he said.

Sameer-Aur hum friends toh bane reh hi sakte hai, Right?