chapter twelve.

when they arrive at the 5th floor, the two of them walk to the half of nct 127's dorm, panting heavily because renjun thought it was a nice idea to use the stairs instead of elevator.

"sometimes, i do stupid things." renjun sighs.

when they're in front of the door, he knocks. when no one answered, he knocks again. and again and again. that's when he realizes that the door is locked and no one's inside.

"wait, aren't they in the dance practice room?" jaemin suddenly asks.

"why did you just tell me?" renjun puffs his cheeks. "let's go!"

"let's use the elevator this time, please." jaemin says and renjun laughs, nodding.

---

renjun knocks on the door, hoping that someone will answer this time.

he waited for a few minutes and finally, the door opens and he's greeted by doyoung. "oh. hello, renjun-ssi! hi, jaemin-ssi!"

jaemin smiles, waving at doyoung. "hi, doyoung hyung!"

"are you still practicing?" renjun asks.

"we're currently on a break," doyoung replies, "we are planning to go to the café. why?" renjun sighs once again.

"is haechan there?" he shyly asks.

doyoung nods, "he's here." he lets the two inside the dance practice room.

when renjun gets inside, he sees donghyuck at the corner talking and laughing with mark, laying on the latter's lap. he clenches his fist behind and clears his throat.

"haechan-ah!" he calls out.

the said guy turns to him then widen his eyes. he immediately gets off mark's lap and stand up to walk towards renjun. "renjunnie!" donghyuck grins. "i'm glad you visit here."

renjun gulps. "i just have something to ask."

"what is it?"

he leans in to his ear to whisper, "did you happen to find a pink notebook in your room?"

"pink notebook?" renjun nods. "no." donghyuck shakes his head. "why? is it important?"

renjun lets out a sigh, pouting. "yes, it is. very important."

"if i find it, do i get something in return?" donghyuck smirks slightly.

renjun clicks his tongue. "what do you want?"

the younger points at his own cheek, "a kiss."

"shut the hell up!" renjun laughs. "i'll think about it. just promise to find it and message me immediately if ever, okay? and don't open it!"

"okay!"

renjun smiles, "we'll go ahead now. bye!"

donghyuck smiles back, "bye, baby."

hearing that, the other members shout, "bye, baby renjun!" to tease the two of them.

"shut up!" donghyuck yells, turning to his members who only laugh.

jaemin, who's behind renjun, laughs too. renjun turns to him and gives him a death glare so jaemin presses his lips together, shutting himself up.

"bye, haechan! see you soon."

they wave at each other before renjun and jaemin leave the dance practice room then donghyuck closes the door.

"seriously, what the heck is up with you two?" mark suddenly asks.

"nothing." donghyuck sighs.

"who wants to go to the café?" doyoung asks, and the rest of the members shouts, "me!"
-