Chill Out ~4~

~Moira's POV~

I felt Tom put me on the couch, but the only thing I could thing to do was cry. He cared for me so deeply, and it broke me even more that I had seen it as platonic this entire time. 

T: "How long has he been hurting you?"

M: "Too long."

Tom sighed, brushing my flyaways behind my ears. I could feel the disappointment in his touch, but I couldn't rest my mind on it now. Instead, I pulled as far away from Chad as I could without losing the soft touch of Tom's fingers tracing every inch of my face. Every time a tear would fall from my eye, Tom was quick to wipe it away with his warm hands.

As Tom comforted my loud sobs, I remembered back to the first time he had seen me cry. Over another boy nonetheless.

~Flashback~

I gasped in deep breaths trying to calm myself down after he had yelled those words.

I tried desperately to calm myself down, pulling my blanket tighter and tighter over my body as his words came back to my mind.

"You're nothing but a slut who will take any chance she can get to get with any guy!"

"I should've known you were just a whore in need of some attention."

"You know I never quite got why you hung around with those guys, but now I get you were just sleeping around."

I cried out, losing all control I had.

I looked up at the figure who had walked swiftly into my room, only alerting me of his presence by the creak of the floorboards. It was the very person who had in a way caused this whole situation. Tom.

Without even saying a word he walked over and brought me into his arms, pulling away my heavy blanket. I tried to push him away, but he just stroked my hair, keeping me tight in his embrace.

"T-Tom," I stuttered out, gasping for air, "what did I-I do wrong?" I finished, my words breaking.

I felt a cold droplet land on the top of my head and turned my head to gaze at Tom. I saw his eyes glistening and his face wet with tears. I quickly laid my head to rest once more on Tom's chest.

I knew he felt as though he was to blame for the whole ordeal, but I could never see it that way. I loved Tom, no matter how he saw us.

~Flashforward~

Wait.

I love Tom.

I love Tom!

Without another thought towards the douchebag lying on Tom's living room floor, I stopped my tears and leaned my head up once more to connect my lips with Tom's in a sweet kiss. And just like that, I pulled away. Staring deeply into his eyes for the thousandth time. But this time, freeing words fled from my mouth, leaving even me stunned.

"Tom, I'm in love with you."