Chill Out ~6~

~Moira's POV~

Waking up has always been rough for me. Over the past few months, I would wake up next to Chad after he had hit me and wouldn't let me go. I would be stuck under his large arms, panicking at the lack of oxygen I was receiving. I was always so warm, almost suffocating from the heat coming off of his body.

However, waking up today was so different. I woke up cold, in an empty bed, and surrounded by the scent of Tom's cologne. I tried to snuggle into the bed sheets to feel more warm, but nothing seemed to work. I tossed and turned, not quite having enough energy to get out of bed, but too much energy to fall asleep again. I laid there, thoughts in my head, debating whether to get up or stay in bed when the decision was made for me.

The door to Tom's room burst open to show a beaming Tom and a tired Tessa, both joining me in the room. I smiled at Tessa, petting her soft head and scratching behind her ears before looking back to Tom. He walked slowly towards me, his smile never faltered as he brought a silver tray over to the bedside table.

I smile up at him, admiring his features. How could I have been so oblivious about this whole thing. Somehow, deep down, I have known I love him, but I had always thought it was an unrequited love. Snapping out of my thoughts, I realize that Tom had been staring right back at me, an adorable expression playing on his face.

"What are you looking at, weirdo?" I ask, pulling him out of his daze. He blinks, but doesn't tear his eyes away from my face.

"Just admiring the person I love."

I could feel my face heat up, stealing all warmth from any other places on my body. My stomach was a mess of butterflies, wrestling and turning over at his words. I tried to look anywhere but his face, finding the small details all around his room very interesting, even though I had seen them hundreds of times.

However, this time something new caught my eye. A small photo strip pinned to the wall above Tom's dresser. On the photo strip were pictures of Tom and I when we were at the carnival when we were little. Before I got a chance to ask where he had found the pictures, his soft hand was pulling my chin back to look into his eyes once more.

Gazing into his beautiful velvet brown eyes, I felt the blush grow brighter. I bit my lip, embarrassed at the tomato-like color of my face, and he definitely noticed the action. Watching his eyes flicker back and forth between my own eyes and my lips gave me some kind of unexpected confidence.

I started gently standing up in front of him, his hand still holding my chin as our bodies became closer and closer. Finally, our faces were mere centimeters apart, and his other hand reached out to hold my waist. I stared into his deep eyes while he continued to gawk at my lips.

Leaning into his face, our lips connected, and my entire body was enveloped by the bliss of our emotions.

My hands reached up to pull his neck towards my body, making our bodies come closer to each other. I reached one of my hands up to run through his hair, causing his hand to move from my chin down to my waist, pulling with both his hands to bring me closer to him. All I wanted was for this moment to never end. Until all the events from earlier came thundering back.

A/N: I worked super hard on this chapter, so I hope you all like it! I'm wondering if you guys would like me to start posting longer chapters farther apart, or shorter chapters more often? I'm working to get ahead so that I'll be able to have a posting schedule, but I want to know if anybody has any ideas. Anyways, thanks for reading!