Chill Out ~5~

TW: This chapter contains the topic of panic attacks. If this is at all triggering to you, please read this chapter at your own caution.

~Tom's POV~

"Tom, I'm in love with you."

And next thing I knew, her entire body slumped over on the couch. 

My breaths were coming quickly, still trying to process her words.

There was no way. How could I have been so dumb? She loved me? How could I have not seen it!

Before I could even check to see if Moira was okay, I heard Chad grumble from the floor as he began to wake up. I swiftly picked Chad up, struggling only slightly, and threw him out my front door onto the hood of his car. For being such a brute, he has a terrible memory. The scent of alcohol coming off of his body told me he wouldn't remember this encounter.

I walked back into my house, locking the door behind me. I smirked to myself, proud of how I had taken care of the problem that he had made. Before I could relish in my heroic rush, I heard Moira call out for me from the living room.

I ran down the hallway and made it to her side just before she rolled off of the couch. I caught her in my muscly arms and brought her into my room, setting her gently on my bed. I knew she needed her time to calm down before she would be fully alert again, and I was willing to give her that time. 

As I turned to leave, I felt her hand reach out and take hold of mine. I moved my head to face her and saw the broken human I knew I loved. Without a second thought, I laid down next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist as we held each other, eventually slipping into the numbing peace that sleep gave.

A/N: So sorry this chapter is so short, I'm struggling quite a bit mentally with school starting again, and I will be trying to post as much as I can. Anyways, what do you guys think of the story so far?