Chapter 32

Narrator

Everything happened so fast. Ryker is just there, sitting at the cold hospital hallway waiting for the doctor to come out from ICU.

Every seconds that are passing kills Ryker inside.

He's so lost. Hindi maampat ang mga luhang lumalandas sa magkabilang pisngi niya.

"Sebastian" Agad nyang pinunasan ang mga luha na dumadaloy sa pisngi nya. He shift his gaze towards the source of voice.

"Usoro" He acknowledged him using a monotonous voice.

The man walked towards him. Walang mababakas na emosyon sa mukha nito maging sa kanya. The atmosphere is full of tension.

Maging ang ilang nurse na dumadaan ay napapatingin sa kanila. Not just because of their looks and socio-economic status. But because of the coldness and tension that's radiating from the both of them.

"You failed to protect her—them"  Panimula ni Peyton. Panimula gamit ang anim na salita na parang sumaksak sa kanya. A knife that is directly pierced into his heart. His shattered heart broke into pieces again.

He's not able to speak. Parang may nakabara sa lalamunan nya. Maybe because the man perfectly captured the words that can hurt him.

" You failed to protect them not just from others, but from you. Are you happy, Mr. Sebastian? Are you really that mad that Fierrah is the one you are married with? To the point that you can't treat her with a little bit of kindness. I hope you still remember the last time we met. I'll claim what's rightfully mine" The man's voice is poisonous. Nagbabanta ito. At kahit pa isa si Ryker sa pinakatanyag at pinakalilalang negosyante sa Asya ay tinablan sya ng kaba.

Peyton Usoro is not the man you can messed with. Dahil siguradong pag ito ang binangga mo, ikaw ang madudurog sa dulo. That's how powerful the people from Usoro clan.

"She's my wife, Usoro" He's gatekeeping her wife.

The man let out an insulting chuckle followed by a smirk. "A wife that you failed to protect" Mapang-hamon at mapang-asar pang sambit nito.

His jaw clenched. Konting-konti nalang at mapipigtas na ang pasensya nya sa lalaking ito. Halatang hinahamon sya.

He immediately stand up. Ready for a fight but, Peyton turned his back on him and started to walk away. Sandali pa itong tumigil bago muling nagsalita.

" If I we're you, I would cherish the words "husband and wife". What if that would be the last time that you  and Fierrah would have that title together. No one knows. Nothing's impossible. What if the world turned upside down" Then Peyton continue to walk.

May laman ang mga salita nito. Mensahe na nagbabanta. A piece of him is already dying but he's trying his best to remain strong.

Later on, a doctor came out from the ICU. Mabilis syang tumayo at sinalubong ang doktor.

"Doc, what happened? How's my wife? How's my baby? Is my wife safe? Are they fine?" He bombarded the doctor with questions. His heart is thumping hard. Para syang sumabak sa karera sa bilis ng tibok ng puso nya.

"Mr. Sebastian, your wife is already fine. She's already out of danger but still under observation. Maybe tomorrow we can already transfer her into the private room"

Parang nabunutan sya ng tinik sa dibdib dahil sa narinig. Her heart is dancing with happiness. His wife is safe!

Pero agad ding sumagi sa isip nya ang bata. "Doc, how about the baby? Is our baby okay?"

Malalim na huminga ang doktor at tiningnan sya nang may simpatya at awa. "I'm sorry for bringing up this news but, the baby didn't make it. The baby didn't survived, Mr. Sebastian. I'm sorry for your loss"

I'm sorry for your loss...

Those words echoed in his mind. Parang sirang plaka na paulit-ulit nag play. His loss.... definitely.

Wala na, his unborn child is already gone. Napakalabong mapatawad pa sya ni Fierrah dahil maging sya ay hindi alam kung paano papatawarin ang sarili.

Masakit mawalan ng anak...

Pero parang mas masakit yata kung nawala sa mismong harapan ang anak mo...

At mas lalong masakit na ikaw ang dahilan ng pagkawala nito...No matter how sorry he is, he can't bring back the life that has been lost. At kung sakaling patawarin man sya ng asawa nya, baka hindi naman nya mapatawad ang sarili nya. It's a crack that's slowly destroying him. Kasalanan nya. Kasalanan nya at wala syang dapat sisihing iba. He's the one to be blame for what happened.

Anong klaseng padere de pamilya ang hindi kayang protektahan ang pamilya nya? He doesn't deserve to be called like that.

He's a piece of sh!t! Wala syang kwenta! He's worthless! Karapat dapat lang na sisihin ang sarili nya.

He lost his child and he knows that he'll gonna lost his wife too.

A/N: See you next time 😉

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Follow for more stories and updates!

Tbc...
Darkselenophile 🌙