Chapter Three: Stud Stand-Up

"Ooh, look at that one," Blaire discreetly pointed out a very muscular beach boy playing volleyball with some other guys. "Sexy, huh?" I looked over his deep tanned body before nodding in agreement and laughing at my best friend's stalker-like habits.

Not that I had any room to speak. But, I mean, come on... That boy was definitely melt on the spot worthy.

With a sigh, I looked around the slightly crowded beach once again, which I had been doing for the last ten minutes looking for Dylan and Friends, but it was a bit hard. There were a lot of families enjoying the sun and ocean, not to mention the many teenagers doing nothing in particular. Everyone was laughing and hanging out, having a wonderful time.

I, on the other hand, was pretending to relax in the sun with Blaire while, in reality, I was mentally having the panic attack of the century.

"Oh my god!" Blaire began to whisper scream. "He sees us, he sees us! Oh my god, he's coming over... Mia, I'm gonna die. Okay, okay, be inconspicuous..."

I breathed a laugh at my panicking friend. "Relax, Blaire." I looked over from the corner of my eye and realized that the gorgeous beach boy actually was walking over to us. It was extremely hard not to stare at his perfectly toned and sculpted body when you could see the beads of sweat covering his skin.

Stay focused, Mia, I scolded myself.

But, let's face it, temptation is not something I can ignore. Like, at all.

Inhaling a deep breath, I let my head fall back and let the sunshine warm up my face and dark sunglasses. Even though we weren't touching, I could practically feel Blaire stiffen up from the nerves of a hot guy noticing her. It almost made me laugh out loud, almost. But I didn't. Instead, I merely chuckled at my boy crazed best friend.

"Hey," I heard a deep voice say from above. If I hadn't known it was that hot beach boy, I honestly would've thought it was God, considering I hadn't opened my eyes yet.

Okay, so maybe having a blond best friend, isn't exactly the best idea for me.

After a couple of seconds, a throat cleared and Blaire began to stutter. I smirked as she did so. "H-Hello," she stammered. I began to feel a bit sorry for her, so I peeled my eyes open and used a hand to block the sun from my eyes as I gazed up at the tall boy. Honestly, the first thing I noticed about him was his smile; straight, perfectly white teeth - something most people would kill for to be born with, but I doubt that his teeth grew straight like that without braces, those god awful things that I thankfully had taken off a couple year ago. I couldn't tell what color of eyes he had though - his dark shades were blocking me from it's view.

"Hey there," I said politely with a smile. He returned it in reply.

He ruffled his sandy blond hair and squatted down so that he was looking at us in the eye. "I'm Chris Miller... Um, I just recognized you two from school, so I thought I'd come over and say hi."

I had to stop my eyes from widening. Chris Miller wasn't really that popular, more like the guy that nearly everyone had heard of, he just wasn't the talk of the town all the time. He was a nice guy and always had good, long relationships, from what I heard.

Blaire nodded. "Yeah, I thought I knew you from somewhere," she chuckled and Chris smiled at her fondly. "I'm Blaire Michaels, and this-" she tilted her head quickly in my direction, "-is my best friend Mia Welling."

Giving him a small wave, I chuckled lightly to myself as I noticed Blaire ogling at him discreetly. To any normal person, it would have been unnoticeable, but I've known this girl my whole life.