Chapter Five: The Hoe Code

"Why must you insist on making me look like I have a pimp?"

Blaire rolled her baby blues and sighed over dramatically, nearly dropping the strapless, little black dress. "You'd look sexy," she said, and I opened my mouth to deny her words, but she continued. "Dylan is going to be very disappointed..." She turned back to the racks of clothing, humming to herself.

I glared at the back of her head. "Yes, because I can bet Vodka that Dylan absolutely loves hoes."

"You know, I've never understood why you named your dog Vodka..." Blaire looked at me from over her shoulder with a thoughtful expression.

"I didn't name her," I defended, shaking my head and holding a finger up for emphasis. "It was my parents, and let me tell you, they were higher than Bob Marley on a Friday night." I remembered that night like it was yesterday. My parents had found some weed from when they were younger in an old, metal mint container and thought it'd be a shame to let it go to waste. It's safe to say, I recorded that entire evening.

Blaire doubled over laughing. "Are you serious? The Welling's getting high?" Another wave of gut crunching laughter bubbled out of my best friend, and I couldn't help but to let out a few laughs of my own. "This happened when you got Vodka?" she questioned after calming down to chuckles.

I nodded, smiling. "You were visiting family or something, but I recorded the whole night. I'll show you the tape next time you come over." Blaire nodded her agreement then went back to dress hunting, which I refused to take any part in. I suggested I wear skinny jeans and a nice top, but no.

But arguing with Blaire is useless, so why try?

As my best friend continued to shuffle around the racks of clothing, in search of the "perfect dress" for me, she hummed to some song I couldn't make out. I, on the other hand, started to become worried.

Would Dylan remember the plans we made with him yesterday? Oh dear God, I really hoped he remembered... I seriously didn't want to be stood up again. But at the same time, I wanted him to forget. I didn't want to go to a club, let alone Strobe Light, one of the newer clubs around, but I had to.

I wanted to make this a summer to remember, and what's better then getting into a little trouble?

Suddenly, my butt vibrated. I jumped a bit out of my seat on the floor before pulling out my phone from my back pocket. I opened up the main screen as the 'new text' symbol blinked up at the top of the screen. I went to my messages to find the newest one from Dylan.

Can you send me a pic of you? Kind of like a I.D. pic?

I scrunched my brow in confusion, but shrugged it off and began to look for the best picture to send. Once I found one, I sent it to him. Moments later, he sent me a reply of "Thanks ;)".

"Talking to Dylan?" Blaire teased from beside me. I looked up at her - considering I was sitting on the floor - and glared.

"Nope," I lied smoothly, popping the 'p' with my lips. "Just calculating how many fucks I give about getting this 'perfect dress,'" I said with a sarcastic smile, putting air quotes around the last part of the sentence.

Blaire sighed and shook her head, as if saying 'what am I going to do with this girl?'. "Mia," she started, her eyes focusing on the clothes in front of her, "have you never heard of the Hoe Code?"

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

1.) Get belly button piercing

2.) Graffiti on one of the town buildings