041

casey

"baby," i caught billie's attention. "guess what?"

"hm?" she raised a brow, giving me all of her attention.

it's now the beginning of december, meaning me and billie have been dating for four months.

back at the end of september, billie had dyed her hair blue, which i love. it's really pretty, and i just love it. it's faded quite a lot since then though, but it still looks really good.

"you're prettyyyy." i dragged out.

i watched as she blushed. a smile formed on her lips, and she looked off to the side. "thank you, mama."

"of course," i smiled too. "also... you're turning seventeen in, like, two weeks! that's means you won't be a lil' baby anymore."

"sixteen isn't a baby," she narrowed her eyes a bit. "you act like you're so much older than me!"

"'cause i am." i smirked.

"you're nine months older," she deadpanned. "not even a year older."

"you're just jealous," i grinned. "but we're getting offtrack! the point is, you're turning seventeen!"

"yeahhh," she chuckled. "in fifteen more days."

"i wish i could see you on your birthday," i frowned. "i'm really sorry that i can't."

we had planned for me to fly out to la to see her, since she's currently not on tour. my mom apparently had already made plans for me to come see her though; she had booked my flight to maine so that i could see her and the rest of my family for the holidays.

it sucks.

"hey, don't stress it, alright?" she raised a brow. "seriously, as long as you facetime me, i'll be happy."

"okay," my shoulders slumped. "i just... i feel really bad that i can't come see you."

"it's okay," she reassured. "i promise."

i nodded, then let out a sigh. "fuck, i miss you."

"i miss you more."

my brows furrowed. "uh, you definitely don't."

"i definitely do." she retaliated.

"you don't."

"i do."

"you don't."

we had a small glaring contest. she eventually let out a sigh. "i guess you miss me more or whatever." she playfully rolled her eyes.

i gave a large, accomplished grin at that. "hell yeah."

i then smiled at her through the phone. she smiled back, though then let out a small laugh as her face flushed.

"stop looking at me like that."

"like what?" i chuckled.

"like you—" she started, but was cut off.

"billie! could you come help me with this?" i heard maggie ask in the background.

"yeah, i guess so," billie sighed before turning to look at me again. "hey, i'll text you when i'm done, alright?"

"alright." i nodded.

"okay. bye, angel, i love you." she told me, which made both of us freeze up a bit.

"did you mean that?"

"yeah..." she gave a nervous laugh.

i felt a large smile take over my face. "i love you too. holy shit."

"you do?" she looked shocked.

"well, yeah, stupid," i giggled. "of course i love you."

"i love you." she repeated with a growing smile.

"i love you."

she fell back onto her bed. "ugh, i love you, i love you, i love you."

"you're so precious," i pouted. "i love you, i love you, i love you." i echoed.

she gave a lovestruck smile. "i'm so in love with you."

"good, 'cause i'm so in love with you too."

"billie? you coming?" i heard maggie ask.

"yeah, momma, hold on."

"okay, i really gotta go now, but i'll text you as soon as i'm done, yeah?" she raised a brow.

"you better."

"i will," she assured. "i'll talk to you in a bit. byeee, i love you."

"byeee, bae, i love you too."

we ended the call. i laid back across my bed, and i let out a content sigh. i had a big smile on my face as i looked up at the ceiling.

i'm so in love.

\|/

a/n literal babies

thoughts?

predictions?

how are y'all? y'all good?