046

billie

it's currently eleven pm on christmas eve. i'm sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight to maine to be called.

i had booked a flight to maine since casey is there right now. i didn't tell her though, because i want it to be a surprise.

i looked at the seat in front of me, where my bodyguard was. me being who i am, i can't exactly just go anywhere without one.

i then pulled my phone out. i scrolled through instagram until i get a message from casey.

iMessages
baby <3

hii
are you up?
i miss you

hey baby
i am
and i miss you too
wait
isn't it like 2 am your time? 🤨
why aren't you sleeping?

i need to be on ft with you to gts 🙄

cutieee

ykw you should do?

what?

ft me 🤏
or send me voice messages
that'll work too

if you love my voice just say that 🙄

i do
and what about it?

nothing :)

.

i had my earbuds connected, so i held the mic as i sent a voice message, asking how her day was. she sent a message back.

iMessages
baby <3

it was gooddd
but
you sound so tired :(
if you're tired, you should go to sleep, angel

i'm fineee
youuuu should go to sleep tho
it's late asl for you

i guess so
okay
goodnighttt
i love youuu

goodnight mama
i love you too
sleep dreams <3

baby <3 loved "sweet dreams <3"

wait
you should send a voice memo of you saying that instead
please
it'll most definitely help me sleep better

okayyy 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

.

i sent her another voice memo, just repeating what i had messaged her. she hearted the voice memo before saying "thank you" and then told me goodnight and that she loves me again.

she's so cute.

i went back to instagram as i continued to wait for any announcements about my flight. it had gotten delayed earlier, which had, of course, pissed me off.

after about another thirty minutes, an announcement came that my flight had been canceled. my brows furrowed before i got up to walk over to the desk.

"how can i help you?" the lady asked.

"are there any other flights that i can take to get to maine?" i asked.

she checked before shaking her head. "i'm sorry, but there's not."

"none at all?"

she shook her head again.

"i don't think you understand that i need to get to maine. there's got to be some way that i can."

she gave a sympathetic look. "listen, there's something wrong with the plane of your original flight, and it's gonna take a while for them to fix it. then of course, it doesn't help that it's the holidays."

i clenched my jaw before just letting out an annoyed sigh. "okay. thanks." i muttered before walking off.

"i'm going home." i told my bodyguard.

he just nodded as he got up to follow me.

this is such bullshit.

i need to hug my girlfriend, bro.

\|/

"wait, why aren't you in maine?" finneas asked, obviously confused, as i walked into his room.

"my flight was canceled and there's no other available ones." i told him as i walked over to his bed.

he brought me into his arms. "hey, it's okay." he murmured as i broke down.

"i miss her so much," i whimpered. "it's been so long since i've seen her in person, and it's just so fucking hard."

"i know," he sympathized as he tried to calm down. "y'all will be okay though, i promise."

"don't promise shit that you have no control over."

\|/

a/n thoughts?

predictions?