07 | the town

"It's only for a moment, but please stay warm and bright again

"It's only for a moment, but please stay warm and bright again. If there is anything sweeter than this, maybe it's love. Let's fall in love."

𑁋 Wheein, 'OHOO'

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

A calm breeze makes some strands of Wheein's dark hair cloud her face as she trails deeper into the park. Hyejin had never told her where they would exactly meet, nor does she have any contact information to even ask, which is a bit disappointing in itself, so she finds herself blindly walking down the rocky pathway in the hopes of crossing paths with the certain girl just like all their other encounters. Plus, it was around the time where she would usually head to the park anyways.

For once, the girl had put some effort into her appearance. She applied some miniscule signs of makeup, a bit of a neutral lip gloss, and some eye makeup to bring out her eyes. Her outfit consists of all-black clothing: a leather jacket over a black shirt, and some loose, black pants.

Wheein heads towards the nearest empty bench and perches herself at the very edge of the seat, her legs shaking and shoes tapping an irregular pattern in complete anticipation, nervousness, or excitement to see Hyejin.

Was she really doing this? If she pinches herself, would she be dreaming? Did she really accept to hang out with a girl, whom she finds herself highly attracted to, and agree to be with for the majority of the day all by herself?

As Wheein attemps to steady her breathing, a voice comes in, "I didn't think you'd actually come."

And when she looks up, she sees Hyejin walking in her direction, hands in the pocket of her blue jeans, a black leather jacket over what seems like a Spice Girls graphic shirt. Wheein's face can only flush as she watches Hyejin nearing closer and closer, before landing on the spot next to her on the bench.

"I kept on thinking since yesterday if I weirded you out by calling this a date," Hyejin continues. "and that you wouldn't come, but you're here. And... well, I'm a bit unprepared as ever."

To think that Hyejin claimed to think about her made her feel a bit helpless for a second.

Wheein giggles quietly, shyly pushing some of her own hair behind her ear. "Oh, it's okay. I didn't think much about it, and I... I wanted to come anyways."

Okay, so maybe there was a bit of a lie and she did think about this so-called 'date' for the majority of the night last night. Maybe she was kept up later than usual overthinking if she'd embarass herself in front of someone she can call her crush. Maybe she mentally rehearsed to herself in plotting out the day for the two of them, seemingly a perfect one. But now that she was here, she was left with a dry mouth and all of her rehearsed lines blanking out everywhere. Just like Hyejin had said, she was also a bit unprepared.