epilogue

"With you on this beautiful star, the two of us who shared the same dream, where are we now?"

𑁋 Wheein & Hwasa, 'Where Are We Now'

just sayin, writing this while listening to whee is an absolutely heavenly experience

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

Wheein clicks her lips a few times to make sure the lipstick she applied was even. It wasn't a prominent colour, just a simple red that brought out her lips. She didn't own that much makeup overall, so she might have quickly stolen the lipstick from her mother's set and brought it back with her. She's probably done that a couple more times throughout the years without having been caught.

Her dark hair was down and showered down her back and shoulders. She wore a long-sleeved black button-up and a pair of blue cargo jeans. The outfit wasn't fancy or entirely too casual, but just enough for her to feel satisified with herself and hopefully enough for this upcoming date she had with her girlfriend.

It's still strange to call Ahn Hyejin her girlfriend. It's even weirder to think how only just a week prior, they were merely just strangers, acquaintances, friends. Now they were something more than that.

Wheein places a hand to her chest, feeling the swift, rhythmic beating of her nervous heart.

"Okay, okay," She glances at herself in the mirror with a smile. "Let's make the most of today."

She grabs a small, plaid-coloured backpack before dashing her way out of her bedroom, each step she took filled with growing excitement.

And as she thought the coast was fully clear while proceeding to unlock the front door, it wasn't until the loud voice of her mother stops her dead in her tracks. She had got too caught up in a moment of bliss to remember that her mother was still home.

"Jung Wheein! Where do you think you're going?" Wheein turns her body around as her mother catches up to her. She can feel the woman's eyes roaming all over her with surprise. "Since when did you own so much makeup?"

"Eomma," Wheein gives her mother an annoyed stare. "I'm not wearing much makeup. It's just𑁋"

"And when did you decide to doll yourself up? Are you even my daughter anymore?" Her mother attempts to swipe away some hair but Wheein just moves to the side, dodging playfully, a laugh leaving her mouth to her mother's remarks.

After a few moments, Wheein gives up, tensing for a second as the woman steps close to caress some hair out of her face, before stepping back to give the girl another look.

"Now will you tell me where you're going?" she asks.

Wheein gulps something down in her throat. "I..." How can she tell her this? That she's going on a date? That she's dating someone? More importantly, how will she react?