Chapter 2 - The Second Night

Pansy was shrieking. Her shrieks were something Draco particularly hated about the girl. She was one of his best friends, she can be really chill and comforting, despite some people's opinions. Except when she was shrieking. If she were in the Great Hall, someone on the Astronomy Tower would be able to hear her deafening, high-pitched shrieks.

Draco screwed his eyes shut and massaged his temples. He was already under two layers of blankets (casting Lumos to read potions books), four stories away from the bloody common room and he can still hear them, loud and clear, as if Pansy was shrieking right into his ear.

Something called 'seven minutes in heaven' was going on full-swing between the eight-years in the Slytherin common room. Draco didn't know what it was, but he could tell it was definitely far from heaven.

He needed out.

Draco threw off the covers covering his body and book (and realizing the blankets probably didn't muffle Pansy's shrieks at all) and pulled a spare set of robes over his pajama bottoms. It was relatively late, but the professors never really minded the eight-years, really. As long as you were smart enough to not get caught, or at least not by Filch, you're good.

Casting a mild Bubble-head and Muffling Charm over his head, he disillusioned himself- something he had become quite skilled of after sixth year- and ducked out of his dormitory.

Bracing himself, he flew as quickly as he could pass Pansy's shrieks of bloody murder and all the laughing and loud music, finally finding peace as the dungeon's door swung shut behind him.

Draco idled outside for a while, not bothering to lift the Disillusionment Charm, deciding his next move on his walk. Something settled in his stomach, and he instinctively headed toward the owlery.

The barn door creaked loudly and he swore in his mind, casting a Silencing Charm on the damned door before pushing again. A handful of owls stirred from the noise earlier, but most were still fast asleep, heads tucked under their wings.

Draco circled the room for a bit, casting another Bubble-head Charm over himself to shard him from the smell of owl droppings. His eyes landed on a furry little snowball.

The tiny owl was already half-awake, brown eyes half-opened sleepily, trying to determine whether the owlery was in danger.

Draco undid the disillusionment and the owl's eyes widened. He hooted very quietly and softly, acknowledging his presence but not waking up the other owls.

Draco went closer to the little landing he was perched on, and found his tiny metal name plaque.

Harrison.

"Hello, Harrison," he cooed under his breath, stroking the little owl's feathers. Harrison fluttered his wings a bit, showing appreciation for his gentle and soothing movements.

"I wonder who your master is?" Draco wondered softly aloud, now petting Harrison's head.

Once again, the little owl shook his tiny head slightly, issuing an air of importance and loyalty. Draco sighed.

"Alright. If you won't tell me, will you at least help me send them something?"

Harrison nipped his finger affectionately in reply.

Draco smiled. He dug around both of his robe pockets, delighted to find that he still had a few owl treats left. Pansy ordered all of her close friends to have owl treats prepared in advance in case her tawny and screechy owl (how familiar to her owner) arrived and she didn't have any on her. If no one fed her anything, well, there would be some pleasant biting and scratching, to say the least.