Chapter 7 - Saturday, Hogsmeade

Draco was in a lively debate with himself. What time was his secret admirer most likely to appear? He had absolutely no evidence whatsoever to help him guess even a little. He strongly considered standing at the entrance of Hogsmeade village and examining every single passerby, but then figured he wouldn't know who it was anyway. So, when Pansy shrieked for him to 'get his bloody arse up here, we're going to Hogsmeade,' he complied.

"Come on, mate, I'm standing directly next to Pans! If you don't get up here in a minute, I'll no longer have ears!" Blaise hollered. His voice was extremely faint compared to Pansy's high-pitched shrieks.

"Coming!" he yelled, jogging to the stairs. He wrapped a Slytherin scarf around his neck as he went up the spiral staircase.

"About time!" said Theo as he emerged, sweating a little.

"Come on, give the poor guy a break, he just finished his hour-long routine!" Millie cackled loudly.

Draco scowled at his friends but smiled. The pack chattered along the journey, joking and laughing as the chilly wind whipped at their cheeks, natural blushes tinting their faces. It hadn't snowed yet, but there was visible frost on every imaginable surface. Soon, all of their beanies, scarves, and overcoats are littered with bits of ice crystals.

They were all currently huffing exaggeratedly to see their visible breaths. Juvenile, yes, but it was their last year at Hogwarts. Even Draco enjoyed seeing his breath become a whirly white mist before dissolving into thin air.

"Come on! The Three Broomsticks!" yelled Pansy excitedly. The group half-jogged, half-skipped, pausing to double over laughing as Greg slipped and fell on his bum until they reached the familiar warmth and sweet scent of the merry pub.

The six clambered and squeezed themselves into a table meant for four. Rosmerta greeted them and Theo flirted shamelessly with the bartender, causing her to blush profusely.

"I'm still expecting generous tips, you lot!" Rosmerta sang as she headed back behind the counter.

Draco was almost buried between Pans and Blaise, but bathing in the happiness with his friends, he couldn't care less. Soon, steaming mugs of hot chocolate and warm Butterbeers were served, passing enthusiastically around the table. With all the clamoring and laughter, he almost didn't notice when the bell at the door chimed again. Almost.

Weasley and Granger came in first. The couple huddled together, blushing and holding each other, with Potter following behind him.

His hair was just as unruly as always, little beads of ice glittering in his wild locks of jet-black strands. His glasses were a bit foggy, and he had a faint pinkish tint on his cheeks. He looked as warm and cuddly as the mug of hot chocolate in his hands.

Draco remembered his secret admirer telling him about his staring. Even though he thought it was adorable, not in a million years would Draco tell Potter about his.

They took a table two tables from theirs. Draco watched the trio order their drinks and kept watching until the drinks arrived, only semi-aware that his hot chocolate's growing cold. He gulped the rest down his throat and focused on staring intently at the Potter clad.

Potter now had a Butterbeer foam mustache on his upper lip, looking plainly adorable and domestic. He was glad that his friends were so engrossed in their conversation at the moment, granting him endless undisturbed staring time.

Draco watched, almost mesmerized in his long-term crush's movements. Potter smiled easily at his two best friends, looking relaxed.

"Hellooo! Earth to Draco Malfoy!"