~Prologue~

A flash of gold and sunset reflected off the moonlight glimmer. Two dragons stood, looking out to the Rapid Ocean as the waves roared at shore. The two dragons looked at each other. 

"I wonder what that could have been."  a dark MoonWing, scales as black as night murmured to a paler silvery-pearl white coloured dragon. 

"Queen Nightfall, I don't think that was any ordinary MoonWing," the white MoonWing whispered unforgivingly. "It looked like a SunWing."

"No," Nightfall hissed. "The War is over, how can that be? Crescent, that couldn't have been a SunWing. They were banished off Crystalious Island, they couldn't be back."

Crescent shuffled her dusty orange talons nervously. "The War didn't end long ago, Your Majesty. They could be back, it's definitely possible." 

Queen Nightfall lifted her head at the silvery twilight sky. Her fear of the SunWings and their queen, Queen Ray, would return was daunting. The MoonWings couldn't almost loose again. Their Lunadragons had saved them, but only for a short time, clearly. Because now there were more. Now there were more SunWings, and now they could enter the MoonWing's territory. Queen Nightfall's brave Lunadragons, Starsoar and Blinderlight, had enchanted an amethyst crystal to raise a border that didn't let any SunWing pass in, until the War was over. Nightfall now regretted her decision on not banishing those dragons forever, because now that the War was over their land was no longer protected. 

I can call them again. I can ask for another border, I'm the queen, she thought. But what if they don't say yes? What if they disobey, and break all the rules in the book? Which is likely, because everyone here wants everyone to always have a second chance, no matter what happens. Am I wrong to be cautious? She flicked her tail, frustrated. I'm just trying to protect them. Even if it costs a piece of their soul, we need to do whats best. 

She took a deep breath and looked at Crescent again. "We should head back to the palace. We'll talk about this tomorrow, with the other Lunadragons. Maybe they can enchant something to see what the SunWings are up to." Crescent nodded understandingly. 

"You're right. I can let them know, if you'd like." Crescent suggested, stretching out her wings to fly.  Nightfall nodded, and they flew back to the safety of the MoonWing village.