Chapter 40.

Filippo continued his journey with full power and courage, the pouring rain stopped overnight. With his sword by his side, he left the house, Gabrielle gave him advice and tactics and ways to apply them.

"I will always be with you" her assuring words kept ringing in his head as he walked further into the woods.
Bringing out his map, he surveyed it and realize that he should be heading towards a river soon, the thought of seeing a river delighted him as he walked faster, his eyes scanning around the wood. There was no sign of fear in his eyes, last night, Gabrielle helped him lower his hair and instructed him not to wear his cloak, trading it for a piece of rag which he wore instead. Looking down at his cloth, he slowly touched his low cut hair, his eyes flaring around, he was certain that he is approaching the Underworld soon, there was no time left for him because with every second he wasted, more disaster befell the earth, more souls crushed by the claws of the daughters of darkness.

After a few minutes of walking, the scorching sun was up blazing at its highest peak towards him, with a sweaty forehead, he quickly wiped the sweat off with the back of his hand and proceed deeper, his steps on dried leaves echoing through the path.
He gazes at the map curiously, unspoken words going through his mind, Filippo looked up and to his surprise, a few feet away from him stands a mighty ocean, the ray of the sun made it glitter in total splendor.
Filippo's eyes widened in wonder at such beautiful sight, he walked closer to it leaving the woods, the cry of birds vibrated around him.
He got nearer to the ocean, looked around but there was no sign of a boat, worry came across his face as he bit his lower lip wondering how he was going to cross, the ocean was so massive that he couldn't swim through. He scanned around but still, there was no sign of any means of transportation across the ocean.
Frustrated, he narrowed his eyes and looked up at the sky, his hand above his head as a shield, his heart filled with worry.

"Walk into it and place your sword in it" he heard a mild voice instructed behind him. Quickly Filippo turned around but saw no one, "Who are you?" He inquired, a frown appearing on his face.

"It's I, Gabrielle, don't forget that I will guide you throughout this journey. For now, you won't see me, but when you need me, speak to your heart and I will appear to you. Now walk into the river and stand by its bank with your sword pulled out and place your sword deep into the ocean" she notified tenderly.

With a stern expression, Filippo nodded, walked into the ocean, his eyes fixed on it, he inhaled and slowly brought out his sword which glitters to the ray of the sun, replenished with the resolution, Filippo pierced it deep into the sand, as it got stuck deep in the water.

Immediately, the ocean began to tremble violently, Filippo fell to the water, his clothes soaked as his heart began to pace faster, the river roared in mighty terror, the ground vibrating mercilessly.

Suddenly, an incredible image proceeds from the river with a mighty triton in his hand, his long white beards radiated nothing but intense powers, his eyes stern as his forehead twisted in a frown.

Filippo looked up at the extraordinary being before him with widened eyes, water dripping down his face as he couldn't let his gaze off the incredible demigod standing with authority.

Poseidon glared down at him with angry eyes, his triton began to blaze with powers as the ground trembled more in fright.

"A mortal" Poseidon spoke, his voice echoed with great sovereignty as he narrowed his eyes to Filippo who laid at the bank of the river with wet clothing.

Slowly, Poseidon scanned around the bank of the river, his eyes broadened in realization as he stared at the sword stuck to the ground, a gasp escaped his lips, "The sword of immortality" he whispered to himself, his gaze left the sword and fixed on Filippo who looked up at the magnificent giant before him.