4.

March 2013

"Happy birthday Yoongi." Mark chimmed as he handed Yoongi a present. Today was 9 March. It was Yoong's 9th birthday.

"Thank you hyung." Yoongi muttered. It's not like he was not happy. He was very happy but overwhelmed by the attention he was receiving today.

Youngjae being his elder brother, decided to throw a big party for him. Their father became the CEO of the Min corporations, it wasn't a big deal for them after all.

"Yoon. Come here with me." His mother said taking his hand and moving to somewhere he didn't know. She eventually stopped in front a group of people. His father was also standing there.

"Oh. So, this is the birthday boy." One of the lady said painting a fake smile on her face. Everyone turned their attention to Yoongi and his mother.

Mrs. Min stood him right in the middle of the group. He felt extremely uneasy and anxious in such situation.

"Well, happy birthday to you little Min. We would love if you introduce yourself to us." The same lady asked.

He could feel all the judgemental eyes on him. The poor boy wasn't making eye contact with anyone. His throat was drying up.

"Come on Yoongi honey. Introduce yourself." Mr. Min encouraged him. His mother was definitely aware of his situation but couldn't do anything.

Yoongi gathered all his courage and replied: "H-hello. M-my n-name is Y-yoongi." He didn't know what to say further. He didn't wanted to disappoint his father.

"Oh god! No need to be scared of us sweetheart. We are just normal people." Another lady said softly.

"Uh.. there is nothing like that Mrs. Shin. He is just not use to crowd." Mrs. Min placed a hand on his shoulder comforting him.

"Oh really! Well, look at my Jisung there. He is 8. He is social butterfly. Although, he is new to this place but still he managed to make new friends." The first lady known as Mrs. Han told proudly.

Most of the people nodded their head in agreement and some even begin to share stories of their own kids. Mr. Min felt embarrassed and somehow ashamed that how child is not good enough.

Mrs. Min hated this thing. Her precious baby being compared to every child that came into sight. She wanted to yell and tell all of them to get the fuck out of there if they are gonna keep talking shit about her baby. But she decided to keep quiet.

Yoongi felt like crying and just wanted to disappear from there. He hated how he wasn't even able to answer a simple little question. The small boy kept his head down not wanting to see the disappointment in his father's eyes.

"I think you should take him to some doctor or psychologist Jeongwoo." Mrs. Seo said. "This type of behaviour is very unlikely for a kid of his age. Maybe he is going through some mental issue." He added.

"Well, it's not a place to talk about this." Mr. Min said calmly. "Youngjae! Jae! Come here!" He called out his eldest son.

Youngjae was talking to his friends. He heard his father calling him. He excused himself and made his way to his father. He reached the group and bowed. He then turned to his father. "Yes dad!"

"This...is my elder son Min Youngjae. He is the captain of the basketball team of the school. A straight A student and class president." He proudly introduced him as he put his arm on his shoulder.

Everyone started to ask him questions and praising him that how good of a son he is of CEO Mr. Min Jeongwoo.

Mrs. Min's heart broke and tear begin to well up in her eyes to see how her own husband compared his own children. He just degraded Yoongi on top of that preferred Youngjae in front of everyone. She blinked her tears away and forced smile. She felt Yoongi shaking vigorously but she couldn't do anything.