Chapter 1

[AU: Alright so I understand I have an older Chasefield fanfic but If I am being honest I have no idea what to write for it, I had no plotline and I wanted to make another anyways since I am more capable now and I am older.]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been exactly a week since Chloe had passed away, Most of the school was running as smoothly as ever apart from a few mishaps but in general nothing was extremely wrong. 

Although Max had not been attending classes regularly and even when she did attend a class, most of the time she had excused her self not even halfway through the class or just left with her eyes watering and small teardrops falling onto her hoodie.

But in the last period of the School day Max decided to go the Photography class just to see if she could last the whole class and not scarper out whilst crying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the other students at Blackwell didn't care or even take notice to the girl and how she felt, well, apart from one surprising and interesting person, Victoria Chase. Supposedly the person who despised Max the most out of anybody at the academy, yet she was the only one to fully take notice of Caulfield's sad and depressing looks and moods in the past week.

On the rare occasions they had passed each-other in the hallways or on campus grounds Max had always had black circles under her eyes, they were also more red than usual and her cheeks always tear filled as her head was lowered and she was looking at the ground with slumped shoulders and slow walking.

Max also had not been taking photos or even carrying her camera with her everywhere like she usually had even when there was a good photo opportunity, she never took it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Victoria had taken notice of all the classes Caulfield had been missing, although she didn't want to admit it she did feel bad for Max seeing how much she cared about Chloe and how bad she reacted when she died.

Despite all the times Taylor mocked Max as the pair walked past her Victoria had always hushed her or told her off about it after, The blonde did care about Max to an extent even if she didn't always show it before.

Infact Victoria had been jealous of Max for some reason she couldn't explain herself, but now seeing her so sad and upset and even loosing the passion in photography she had just broke Victoria to be seeing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Max was wearing her grey hoodie but it was zipped up fully this time, She stepped into the photography class. Surprisingly Victoria and Nathan weren't sitting on her usual desk and talking crap about her. She sat down setting her bag down beside her seat and rested her head on the desk on-top of her arms. 

Soon Victoria and Taylor walked in while laughing and sat at Victoria's desk, "Aha so she finally showed up?"  Taylor grinned and spoke in a loudish joking tone and gestured towards the brunette. "Hush." Victoria said sternly just as the bell rang and other people walked in.

Mr. Jefferson strutted in with some binders in his hands as he started the days lecture while setting things up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Later in the lesson Jefferson announced that there was a project that required pairs and that people could pick themselves, Max peered up and looked around, her eyes filled with small tears as normal, She held back from just getting up and sprinting out of the classroom, her chest felt heavy and her head filled with confusing and hurtful thoughts. She rested her head back down and wanted to just disappear

Victoria stayed seated while thinking and everyone found somebody to pair up with, her eyes wandered over towards Max who still had her head on the desk most likely crying. She sighed and got up and moved her chair beside the other ones. "We are pairing up, Also no I am not giving you a say in this matter, understand Caulfield?"  The blonde spoke tapping her nails on the desk to get the girl's attention.

Max sniffed and glanced up a little noticing Victoria sitting beside her and listened to what she had said. Honestly she wasn't in the mood at all to make Victoria upset so she simply nodded and rested her head on her arms again but looking away from the blonde's gaze, "Alright.." Her voice was more quieter than is was before and had a crack in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as the bell had went off, Max carefully packed up her stuff before walking out of class with her head down and not responding to peoples attempts to make conversation with her. She shuffled into the dormitories and silently slid into her room and shut it behind her.

A heavy sigh left the girl's mouth as she dropped her bag and curled up into a ball on her floor, tears trickling down her cheeks again quickly soaking her sleeves as she held her hands over her mouth to muffle the small cries that left.

After around half an hour, three knocks were heard upon the rooms door, Max flinched and looked up at the door after wiping her eyes again. "Who, Who is it..?" She muttered in a raspy quiet voice as her gaze dropped to the ground.

"Victoria. Max let me in."  Victoria was standing outside Max's room with her arms crossed and tapping her foot against the hallways floor waiting for a response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The tear eyed girl sniffled before hugging her knees again, "The doors unlocked but..  I don't feel like talking about the project.."

Victoria opened the door and walked in before closing the door behind her, she noticed Max on the floor hugging herself and looking at the floor, her eyes were high-lighted by the sun from her tears and her cheeks and sleeves were drenched. "Caulfield are you serious.." The girl's voice was a softer tone than usual as she knelt down beside Max who was crying again and wrapped her arms around her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[To Be Continued]