Chapter 513

Matt's POV: After making my way out to the bedroom, I smiled as I went to hang my towel up near the door to our washroom. I then smiled at Gabby as she sat in bed with Hannah, breastfeeding her that morning. Meanwhile, I went to grab one of the bottles we had in the mini fridge we had up there so that I could feed Gabriel. Looking at him as he laid down in his crib, I went to rub his chest and just smiled at him. He was probably the happiest of the two twins because he always had a smile on his adorable face. That made it hard to say no to him.

"I swear, it's like we made the perfect kids in terms of how adorable they are. I mean, we are going to be in huge trouble when they are older. I am not sure about you but...I am not sure if I am going to be able to say no to either of them." Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded, agreeing with me. "I feel the same way. Between this adorable little princess and that charming little prince, we are going to have to always be on the same page when it comes to decisions."

I looked at her when she said that and nodded. "Oh believe me, that is not going to be a problem." Getting in bed next to Gabby, I smiled as I sat up against my pillow before resting Gabriel's head on my arm so that I could start feeding him. Gabby then turned her head to look at me when I said that. "Oh, and how are you so certain that we are always going to be on the same page when it comes to making decisions?" I then smiled at her "Mommy's the boss."

Gabby smiles when I said that and nodded as she went to tub my cheek. "You bet I am." I smiled when she said that before going to lean over to kiss her. "It's also...daddy still wants sex for the rest of his life." Gabby laughed when I said that and agreed with me. "I knew that your motive had something to do with sex...it's always that way with men." I  looked at her when she said that. "Excuse me? Last time I checked, you were the one who initiated it last night Mrs. Casey!"

That's when I got a phone call. Seeing it was Severide, I turned to look at Gabby. "Your second best friend wants to say happy birthday." Gabby looked at me. "Who's my first best friend?" I then looked at her and made an offended face. "Ow, that hurt! You know that I am your best friend first. Babe, we share everything. Most important, we share a bed...so I am not just your husband, I am your best friend." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. "And might I just say that you are very good when we share a bed intimately." I smiled and nodded.

Going to kiss her quickly, I went to answer my phone so that we didn't miss the call. "Hey Severide." Severide then went to speak to me. "Let me guess, we interrupted you guys...you took a little while to answer." I then sighed. "Yeah, because I can just go ahead and drop our son the minute you decide to call us." I then turned to look at Gabby. "That will NEVER happen so don't even say anything!" Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. "Calm down baby, I know that you are never going to drop Gabriel." I agreed and smiled when she said that.

That's when I heard Stella. "So, can you please confirm the address for us? We are coming today to help get you unpacked right?" I thought about it while turning to look at Gabby. "I think we originally said it would just be family but...what are you thinking Gabby? Do you trust the firehouse in coming here to help us unpack. We already aren't getting Violet to help us unpack." Gabby then smiled at me. "Invite them to come help, they are my our co-workers after all." I agreed with her when she said that and smiled. "You guys can come over to help Stella!"

That's when I heard Stella. "Hey Girl, sorry I wasn't here when Severide called. I told him to wait for when I was done in the shower so that I could be on the call with you. Where am I working today?" Gabby then laughed. "Actually, you are going to be helping me with a project that I need to do without Matt. So we can watch the kids while you help me with something." I was confused when she said that. "What could you possibly have to do without me being in the room?"

Gabby then turned to look at me when I asked her that. "Last time I checked, the groom doesn't get to see what the wedding dress looks like before the wedding day!" I nodded when she said that and agreed with her. "Of course Gabby. Severide, can you make sure to bring your tools? I do not want to ruin anything. We have to put the cribs together in the nurseries and then we also have to put together Louie's bed...or did we do that already?" Gabby just laughed and smiled. "We are just going to assign people rooms. They unpack and assemble everything in the room."

I nodded when she said that. "Of course babe, whatever you want. By the way, do you know if Cordova is coming...I would love to introduce our kids to each other." Severide then laughed. "They are in Maryland visiting his wife's family." I laughed when he said that. "Of course they are! Right when his chief needs him to help move." Severide laughed. "Listen, we will be there in about an hour okay? How does that sound?" I agreed with him. "Can you pick up some donuts and coffee for everybody. I have to bribe them to help us out." Gabby then slapped my arm.

Stella then laughed. "Severide, we might want to go...I just heard a slap. That might mean that Matt is in trouble with the birthday girl. See you guys later." Severide agreed. "See you guys later." I agreed, hanging up with them before sighing and turning to look at Gabby. "You don't call it bribing people. You call it incentivising them to help us." I looked at her when she said that. "What's the difference?" Gabby then laughed. "Bribery is illegal, incentivising isn't!" 

I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Listen, how about we finish feeding the kids? Then I am positive that Louie is going to be here soon. He is going to want to see the room we already made for him. I made sure to set it up last night so that he could play in there." Gabby smiled when I said that. "So that's why you got in bed so late." I nodded and smiled. "So, his room is done. Now we just have the twins and everywhere." Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded as we continued to feed the twins together that morning.