Chapter 528

An hour later when Matt starts to wake up:
Matt's POV: As I wake up in the hospital, I feel an IV in my arm as well as people holding both my hands. Opening my eyes, I looked around and saw my sister. "Hey Matt, just relax." I then looked at her. "What happened?" She then sighed. "You passed out of dehydration at home. You need to stay still okay? You have an IV on you that is almost done. Gabby is over there getting some IV fluids and I got her to try and sleep while you were resting. Antonio is at home with the kids."

I smiled when she told me that. "Let me guess, Gabby told you what to say? I know you Christie, you barely knew what the IV is." Christie nodded when I said that and smiled. "All I know is that you are okay and so are Gabby and the kids. You overworked yourself today Matt. She's really worried for you. If you want more kids with her...then you are going to need to calm down. Mom already knows about this and she sends her wishes. So do Violet, Eva, Diego, Jay, Erin and 71."

I smiled when she said that. "What time is it?" Christie then looked at the time. "8:30. Louie's already in bed. Antonio texted Gabby and said that. The babies are asleep and fed too. Gabby hasn't left your side. She's been worried." I agreed with her and smiled. Getting up, Christie then went to kiss my forehead. "I am going to wake her up okay?" I nodded and then watched as Christie walked over to Gabby. Shaking her, she just smiled. "Hey, I'm okay Gabby." She smiled.

Getting up, Gabby then walked over to my hospital bed and came to join me. I opened the covers and smiled when I felt her cuddle up to me. Once she was comfortable, I wrapped my arm around her back while feeling her put her hand on my chest. Kissing her forehead, I smiled at her. "I'm okay now Gabby. I am almost done my IV bag." That's when I heard Dr. Manning walk in. "Well if it isn't Chief Dehydrated." I laughed when she said that and smiled at her. "Hey Natalie."

Natalie smiled as she looked at Gabby. "I can tell that one is already comfortable in your arms again." I nodded when she said that and smiled. "How long before you can release me back to my bed? I would like to go see the kids." She laughed when I said that. "You are almost done your IV. However, you need to take it easy. I know you just moved into your new place today but...take it easy both today and tomorrow. Your ride home can't be you." Christie nodded.

"That's why I'm here. I'm his sister and will be giving him a ride home. Unlike this idiot, I actually know what it means to be dehydrated. Remember the first time this happened? You were playing soccer and passed out on the field." I nodded when she said that and smiled. "Keep talking and you aren't coming over to hang out with me, Gabby and the kids tomorrow." That's when I turned to look at Gabby. Kissing her head, I sighed. "Make up birthday tomorrow?"

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Honestly, that sounds perfect." I smiled and agreed with her before going to wrap my arms around her. "Today, let's just concentrate on me getting home." Gabby agreed with me and smiled. "Yeah and in bed. You are not leaving bed tomorrow. I am going to ask Antonio to stay and help with the kids." I nodded when she said that before going to rub her arm. That's when I heard Ambo 61 at the door. "How you feeling Chief?" 

I smiled as I looked at Casey. "I am doing better. Were you the ones who responded?" They both agreed with me. "Yeah, Gabby was a lot of help. Can't wait to get her back at the firehouse. Maybe she can be head Paramedic-in-Chief at the house instead of going on calls." I turned to look at Gabby when Casey said that and smiled. "You know what I just realized...your first name is my last name." Casey Nolan smiled when I said that. "Yeah, that's funny. Feel better."

I smiled and agreed when he said that, watching them walk away. Turning my head, I went to kiss Gabby's head and just smiled at her. "Don't worry, we are on our way home soon. Once I am done with this IV bag, we can sign the discharge papers and then head home where we can hold each other like this in bed." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "That sounds perfect." Going to kiss her, I just smiled while holding her in my arms. "Love you."

Gabby nodded and agreed as she put her hand on my heart and went to rub my chest. "I love you too Matt. But you really need to stop worrying me all the time." I agreed and nodded when she said that. Wrapping my arms around her more, I just held her tight while we both cuddled up to each other in bed. God was I going to be in trouble if this ever happened again. "I am not going to do the Battle of the Badges okay?" Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded.

"I think that's the best way forward. We do not want this to happen again now do we?" I smiled when she said that because we were both in complete agreement. "And tomorrow is a day in bed. Just me, you and the kids okay? Either that or maybe my sister can come over to watch them?" Gabby bit her lip when I said that. "Antonio is there now and I doubt he will want to leave." Christie then laughed. "I can be civil. I will be there because I am going to worry."

I agreed with her when she said that before putting my hand out. "I promise to be more careful from now on okay? I promise that to the both of you." Gabby nodded when I said that. Kissing her head again, I smiled as I went to rub her back while rubbing Christie's hand. "And you need to get your personal life in order. Maybe not somebody I am friends with or who is my brother-in-law! I mean, you are putting me in a hard position sis. I need to be friendly with your ex forever."

Christie agreed with me and smiled. "It's fine Matt. Me and Antonio are just taking a breather. I am sure that we will get past this. He just needs to realize that I was right about the COVID stuff. Once that's done...we might try again. But not anytime soon. I am going on a business trip to New York City next week." I got worried when she said that. "Really? New York in the middle of tourist season. And during a pandemic...great idea." Christie then sighed. "Just relax." I agreed.

I nodded when she said that before going to whisper to Gabby. "Believe me, I am going to be relaxing a lot over the next couple days in bed with my wonderful family." Gabby smiled when I said that and just continued to rub my chest as we held each other close in the hospital bed. And boy was this quite comfortable. Sure the bed was small but that's what made it really comfortable....having Gabby right against me was exactly what I wanted right now.

NOTE: Next chapter, I am going to fast-forward an hour to when Matt and Gabby are home in their room.