Chapter 534

20 minutes later when Jay is back with breakfast:
Jay's POV: As I walk into our bedroom with breakfast for me and Erin, I smiled when I saw that she was just sitting there in bed watching TV instead of working. However, she wasn't really watching TV...she was sleeping a little more. Smiling at the sight, I went to set the food tray on our bed before going to sit down next to her. Feeling the bed move, Erin woke up. "I'm awake." I then laughed when she did that and smiled at her. "If you need to sleep babe, get more sleep."

Erin nodded when I said that when I went to give her some pancakes. "Here, at least eat first. That way these little ones are fed and are good for a while." Going to kiss her stomach, I smiled at her before leaning over and going to kiss her softly. "I love you." Erin smiled when I said that and nodded as she put her hand on my cheek. "You know that I am crazy for you right? You are such a great husband and you are the best decision that I ever made in my life." I smiled. "Same"

Erin smiled when I said that before going to grab her fork to start eating. "Listen, can we just talk about the case for a minute?" I sighed when she said that and nodded. "Sure." Erin then went to grab my hand. "There's a reason I am working it so hard. Jay, it's personal to us. Will is at risk." I then thought about it and nodded. "Yeah, you're right." Rubbing my hand, Erin just looked at me. "Yes, I am working overtime on the case but...it's for a good reason. It's for your brother." I then sighed when she said that before going to wrap my arm around her shoulders.

Taking a bite of my food, I looked at her. "I guess I didn't look at it that way." Erin nodded when I said that. "Jay, you have to understand that I want to rest...believe me. It just bothers me all night that I am potentially putting your brother's life at risk by letting these guys get away. It makes me feel guilty that we haven't caught them yet." I sighed when she said that before going to kiss her head. "Erin, please don't feel guilty about that. You are not to blame for that."

That's when I heard my phone ring. Going to grab it, I went to see it was Antonio. "It's Antonio." Erin then looked at me. "Not working the case eh?" I then laughed. "Shut up." She slapped my arm when I said that. "You do not tell your boss and wife to shut up. Now, can you please answer the call on speakerphone." I agreed and went to put it on speaker. "You're on with me and Erin Antonio." Antonio agreed. "Rojas is on here too. We might have a lead that we can follow up on."

I agreed with him and then went to let Erin talk. "What lead is that Antonio?" Antonio then went to tell her. "An independent pharmacy at 47th & Honore is advertising that they are a vaccination site. They are not an approved vaccination site since those do not exist yet and no vaccination has been approved. They are also a dispensary for illegal drugs for COVID as well." I agreed with him when he said that. "Are you following that lead Antonio?" Antonio agreed. "Yeah, just wanted to get approval to go get a search warrant for the premises." Erin looked at me.

Biting her lip, she shook her head. "Antonio, keep following the lead but do not get a search warrant. This is our first lead in the case and we don't want to spook them. Maybe just try and get your sources to try and talk to the people there discreetly. Antonio, I love the effort but..." He understood. "You'd rather not go after the little people too quickly if there are people above them." She agreed. "Exactly, I would rather be thorough. Antonio, let's just put it this way...if Hank would've done it right away, then don't ask and be more thorough. Get all the info."

That's when I got an alert on my phone. "And do not contact us between the hours of 11 and noon this morning." Erin turned to look at me when I said that. "Why?" I then smiled at her. "We have to go to the hospital and check on the twins." Erin then shook her head. "No Jay, it's tomorrow. We always go on Tuesdays. Tomorrow, I am 32 weeks. So, I am technically able to give birth tomorrow but...I could go to 36 weeks. Also, I am still working on my maternity leave." I laughed when she said that. "Not for a month after giving birth. No way in hell!"

Erin turned to look at me. "I am the head of the department." I shook my head. "Co-Head. And either you can listen to me as your husband who loves you or your co-Head of Intelligence who will gladly bench you himself!" That's when I saw Erin put her hand on her stomach. "You okay Erin?" Erin then went to take a breath. "Hard kicks. Maybe that might be a sign." I then sighed and went to talk to Antonio. "Antonio...talk to you later okay? I need to get Erin to rest." He agreed when I said that. Grabbing Erin's phone, I went to hand up before moving her laptop.

Helping her lay down, I sighed and just went to look at her. "Okay, let's eat and then we are going to talk okay?" Erin nodded when I said that before going to grab her breakfast so that she could eat. Doing the same, I walked around the bed and sat down again while we ate breakfast.