you're drunk and don't recognize her as your girlfriend

Anna opened her eyes as she was awoken from her slumber from the sound of her phone ringing.

She groaned as she woke up. She'd left her phone volume up because you're staying out late with your friends and she never knows if you might need something.

As much as she wanted to put her head back down and go right back to sleep, she worried it might be something important.

So she turned on the lamp and opened her eyes, yawning before answering.

"Hello? Y/N?"

"No, sorry, Anna. It's me." The voice, who she recognized to be one of your best friends, said. "I'm sorry for calling. I know it's after three am but you need to come get y/n."

"Is she okay?" Anna asked, worried and suddenly much more awake than before.

"She's drunk; very drunk."

Anna sighed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Of course you are.

It wasn't surprising.

It's your first night out in quite some time. She knew you'd be going to the club with your closest friends. You were going to be drunk and, probably, get carried away.

"Okay. I'm on my way. Try to get her outside so I can just get her in the car and bring her home." She said and ended the call before getting out of bed.

She didn't even bother to change out of her pajamas. But since it was chilly outside, she grabbed one of her hoodies and pulled it over her head before grabbing her keys, wallet, and phone before she headed out the door.

She drove down to the club she knew you were at. She arrived just a few minutes later and saw that your friends were just getting you outside.

She parked the car in front of the club before getting out to rush to you.

"You're here," your friend sighed in relief. "Thank gosh. She needs to get home."

Anna nodded before tilting her head to the side.

A small smile was on her face when your eyes met.

But you didn't seem to be as happy to see her as she was to see you.

You looked almost... confused.

"C'mon, my love. Let's go home."

"No!" You said and stepped away from her and your friends panicked because you were so drunk you couldn't even stand on your own.

"Y/N? Come on, baby. We need to get you home so you can sleep before you wake up with that awful hangover you're going to have."

She tried to take your hand but you shook your head.

"No! I have a girlfriend!"

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Y/N, I am your girlfriend." She giggled.

"No, you're not! I'd recognize my girlfriend."

"Oh, would you now?" Anna laughed in amusement.

"Yes! My girlfriend's name is Anna and I'm in love with her. I won't go home with you, only Anna. Now go away. I'm not going anywhere with you."

Your friends had to try so hard to hold back their laughter while Anna couldn't hold it back no matter how much she tried.

"Okay." She spoke softly and reached out to brush her fingers along your arm.

She saw your eyes light up and watched you melt as you recognized her touch.

"Now are you ready to go home, my love?"

"Anna," you slurred and threw your arms around her. "I'm happy you're here. I missed you."

"I missed you too." She said. "Now, let's go home."

You nodded and she got you into the car before thanking your friends.

She made sure they had a way to get home and after one of them said she was sober and could drive safely, Anna nodded and focused on you.

She buckled you in and you sent her a crooked and drunken smile.

"Anna?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Someone tried to get me to go home with her before you came."

Anna froze and bit her lip to hold back her laughter.

"No way!" She gasped in relief.

"I know! But don't worry. I refused. I said I have a girlfriend that I'm in love with and I wasn't going anywhere with her."

Anna kissed your forehead, chuckling against your skin.

"That's good, baby. Thank you."

"You're welcome." You slurred. "I'm going to sleep now."

She shook her head with a giggle before getting up and closing the car door.

She got into the driver's seat and started up the car.

"Sleep well, cutie." She smiled before driving home, excited to tease you about this in the morning.