she gives you a promise ring on your second anniversary

You cracked a smile at the feeling of the warm sunshine on your back. You stretched your legs out and rolled over, jumping slightly with a giggle when you saw Anna already staring at you.

"Good morning and happy anniversary!" She smiled and pulled you closer to her.

"Happy anniversary, Anna. Can you believe today marks two years that we've been together? It's so surreal."

She reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear as she gazed into your eyes. "The best two years of my life." She leaned in for a kiss but quickly pulled back. "Oh! I got you something."

She rolled you off of her and reached into the drawer, rolling her eyes when she heard the groan fall from your lips. "Anna, we agreed to no gifts. Remember? Now I don't have anything for you."

She rolled back over with a small box in her hands. "That's okay. I know what we said but... it just didn't feel right not getting you anything on our second anniversary. I got around to thinking about what the perfect thing for you would be, and I decided on this. Open it." She held the box out for you to grab and you took it.

You opened it and were met with a beautiful ring. "Oh... Anna, it's gorgeous."

"Just like you are, baby."

Your cheeks went red at her words.

"It's only a promise ring, for now. One day, it'll be something different. But I felt like this was perfect for you right now."

She pulled the ring out of the box and took your hand into her other one.

"You are the best thing to ever happen to me. I promise, one day when things have slowed down for us both, that I'm gonna marry you. But until that day comes, I promise to keep making you as happy as I do right now. I promise to remind you every day how wonderful you are and how lucky I am to have you. I promise to make you as happy as you make me every single day. I promise to keep falling even more in love with you every day."

She gazed into your eyes and slid the ring onto your finger. She held your face in her hands, both of you giggling as she wiped a stray tear from your eye. "I love you so much!" You mumbled before she kissed you lovingly then laid her forehead on yours. "I love you too, so much."