the first time she meets your child from a previous relationship (requested)

Four years ago, your entire life changed forever.

It was the year your daughter Molly was brought into the world, changing you and your life completely but in the best way possible. You never knew love like that before and you never imagined you could fall in love with someone after your boyfriend walked away shortly before your daughter was born. But you were wrong.

Because just five months ago you met Anna. Anna didn't have any kids, but she absolutely adored them which was so relieving, considering your world revolved around yours. It took a little while for you to really trust her before you began to talk to her about Molly. But it took until today for you to feel comfortable enough for them to meet.

Molly sat at the table eating her favorite snack while you tried to find things to occupy your nerves. But the doorbell rang just a moment later and you knew it was Anna. You turned to Molly and brushed your hand through the curls that flowed to her chin. "I'll be right back." You said and went to the front door.

You took a moment to breathe deeply and calm your nerves before you opened the door. "Hey!" Anna cheered as she hugged you tightly. She had a bag in her hands and it made you wonder what all could be in it.

"Come on in." You stepped away from the door and let her inside before you closed it. You led her to the kitchen and Anna's grin grew wider when she saw Molly at the table.

"Molly?" You stepped close to her and took ahold of her tiny hands. "This is Anna. Do you remember Anna? I've told you all about her." Molly nodded but when Anna knelt on the floor to be closer to Molly's height, she got up from the chair and hid behind your legs.

You laughed. "I'm sorry. She just gets so nervous around new people."

"No, that's totally fine. I understand. Hey," she pulled something special out of the bag and you saw it was a stuffed cheetah. "Molly? Your mom told me this is your favorite animal. I got this for you."

Molly peeked her head out from behind your legs and when she saw the stuffed animal Anna was holding she quickly snatched it out of her hands. "What do you say, baby?"

Anna wasn't prepared for the smile your daughter wore. It was so cute and bright, melting her heart into a tiny puddle in her chest. "Thank you!" She giggled and held the stuffed animal to her chest.

She looked up at you and pulled on your pant leg. You bent down and Anna watched as Molly whispered something into your ear. "I don't know, honey. Why don't you ask her."

"Dolls?" Molly just blurted out to Anna.

"She wants to show you her room and play with you."

Anna was smiling so widely it hurt a little, but she didn't care. She was already so in love with the adorable little girl. "I'd love that so very much Molly."

Molly threw her arms around Anna's neck, hugging her for just a split second before she took her hand and quickly dragged her upstairs. But halfway, your little girl turned around.

"Mommy?" You nodded. "I'm coming!" You said and quickly ran up the stairs, letting Molly lead the way to her room that was a little messy from all of her toys that she didn't clean up earlier.

You sat down on the bed while they sat on the floor. Molly showed her all of her favorite toys while you just sat in peaceful silence as you watched the beautiful sight in front of your eyes. Seeing your two favorite girls interacting so incredibly together made your heart swell.

You had a feeling Anna would be sticking around for a long while.