𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

This is a story about a young girl who got stuck inside a video game and learned to love her life there

This is a story about a young girl who got stuck inside a video game and learned to love her life there. Everything goes great so far, but the losses and tragedies that occur might just shatter the sorrowful girl. Trapped in a video game, unable to go home, will she ever find happiness?

Years ago

"Soo-jin, your new family is in the other room. Let's go meet them!" The stern old lady said cheerily, putting a hand on my back to guide me to the other room.

"This is Soo-jin, she's six years old." She introduced. I fiddled with my fingers as I took a look at a man with a frown on his face, hands behind his back as he observed me. There was a cold look in his eyes as he watched my reactions.

"She's a quiet girl and will not disturb you. She is quite independent too. She'll be no trouble Sir" The lady spoke, seeing the man squint his eyes. He hummed before looking at the lady who squirmed under his intense gaze.

"What will a skinny bitch do?" He asked with a scoff as the lady widened her eyes at his language. I felt fear as he glared at me. I looked down at my arms and squeezed them. I wasn't that skinny. Was I?

"She's very good at chores I can say that. Skinny, but reliable. Well, for work at least" The lady sheepishly said, trying to push me forward as I went behind her, clinging to her sleeve.

"Soo-jin. Come forward now" She looked behind, grabbing my hand and pulling me in front of the man. She had a desperate smile as she put her hands behind her back, seeming eager to get rid of me.

"I'll take her" The man sighed and called a woman's name. A woman, the same age as the man, came behind the man, eyeing me. She put her hand out for me to take. I hesitated before taking it. 

"Follow me for the paperwork and the payment," The lady said, taking the man to a room.

"Name?" The woman who held my hand asked. I bit my lip before coughing as I tried to speak.

"W-water.." I coughed out, throat dry from the neglect from the adoption centre. I took sips of the water she handed me before sighing in relief. I then spoke, answering her question.

"Soo-jin. Do I call you mother?" I asked with hope in my tone as I looked up at her. She said nothing as she waited for her husband. He came back and we went to a big black car. I went in and looked outside the window as he drove. New life. 

As we arrived I was in shock at the big house. Maybe it was small or maybe it was just a normal home. I wasn't sure. It seemed big to me. I was cramped in a small room with others for many years so I didn't know what to do with myself. The man shoved me into a room, glaring down at me as I hissed in pain from the hard floor scraping my knee.

"There's your room. Don't disturb any one of us," He coldly said as I looked away.

"He's mean..."

A few years passed and my new family ignored me the whole time I lived there. My brothers would make nasty comments about me but didn't ignore me. That wasn't a good thing though. They would constantly pull my hair and mock me for being so weak and pathetic. I got quite used to the treatment though. Better than starving to death or being pulled into prostitution.

This was my life now.

Present

"Hey soo-jin,"

"Soo-jin?"

"Ya Kang soo-jin!"

"Hm? What were you saying?" I shook my head, snapping out of my thoughts. My friend sighed, annoyed at my spacing out,

"Aigoo, you're always daydreaming. Anyways, look at this game, it's so fun!!" My friend squealed as she clapped her hands, shoving her phone in my hands. I read the title.

"The lady's love project? What's it about?" I asked her as I saw a girl with pink, magenta hair on the screen with a scowl on her face.

"It's a reverse harem game, it's so fun you should play it. I'm addicted" She said as I shrugged at her fan-girling.

I went home after school to my apartment and took my phone out.

"What a tiring day.." I then installed that game my friend was talking about and opened it.

.

.

"Oh, what is this? Hard mode? Penelope's perspective? Say less"

It was a completely impossible game. Fun yes. But so hard. Every choice I made led to a bad ending. 

"Damn it, Why the fuck is this so hard?" I complained as I fell onto my bed with a groan, throwing my phone to the side,

"I don't understand why they call Penelope a villainess. She seems pitiful and is a relatable character who just wants love. Gosh, now I have to reset for the hundredth time. Ya know what I'm just gonna sleep. I kinda wish I was in that game, I mean...The male leads are kinda hot"

"*Yawn*"

.
.
.
.
.

"Y/n get up"

"NOW!"

"Hm?"

"What a nice sleep -   What the- Why is there a child in front of me!? And why are my hands so small!?!?"

To be continued...